What is Cal-Phos?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by MissMM, Aug 6, 2009.

1. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    I was reviewing my goaties medicine cabinet and found a bottle of Cal-Phos (?) What is it and what would it be used for? Dosage and needle size? I don't even remember buying it :scratch:

I was cleaning out the cabinet in the barn last night and realized I have a boat-load of goat meds that I've conglomerated, but don't know what most of it is for or when to use it. I've been able to isolate most everything else except this one.

Thanks in advance for your time,

mmm

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I have gone totally blank. I know I should know it.

I had a bottle of Strong Iodine spill all over my med kit, and it is amazing how it ruins everything, just the fumes have changed all my labels and I can barely read them, so I am afraid I will be throwing a bunch of stuff away because I have no idea what they are.
    I will look to see what I can find about this.

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    This is what I thought it was but I wanted to made sure.

http://www.drugs.com/vet/cal-phos-2.html

here is a link that talks about it.

For use as an aid in the treatment of hypocalcemia (parturient paresis, milk fever), hypomagnesemia (grass tetany), and other conditions associated with calcium, phosphorus and magnesium deficiencies in cattle.

4. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    aaaaahhhhhh. Thank you! The light bulb finally came on. Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorus for CMPK treatment.

Thank you, thank you. That would have driven me nutz till somebody figured it out.

5. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Hehhe thats what goats are for, to drive us nuts with all their stuff!!