The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had never even heard of cocci until i started getting on this app a few months ago. What exactly causes it and what are the symptoms? Can you prevent it? What do you treat it with and where do you get the treatment?

Sorry for all the questions i like having info like this saved where i can find it easy incase something goes wrong and i need info fast. :)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can cocci cause bottle jaw? I think i read on one thread that they get pot bellied or stop growing at a high rate?

I have a buckling that had bottle jaw for about 3 weeks then it went away completely for 3 weeks and its starting to come back a little. I was wondering if cocci could be somewhat the problem because i haven't treated him for that? Could treating it without him having it be bad for him? He's 7 months old, what would be the best to treat it with, if i can treat it without knowing for sure?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 5 month old 30lb doe kid with cocci... I couldn't find it at TSC but i did find it on Jeffers which one should i use and how much?

I just screen shoted it but maybe it clear enough. I was thinking it was like wormer or something but it says to put it in their water?

image-3438441632.jpg

image-4009702030.jpg

Thank you :)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
58,877 Posts
Get the 40% DiMethox. Dosed orally at 1cc per 5 lbs day 1 and 1cc per 10 lbs days 2-5.

The liquid Sulmet would also be fine dosed as the same above. Given straight from the bottle with no watering down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts