What is going on? Pic's UPDATE!

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by bheila, Jun 10, 2009.

1. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    So as some of you know my doe Daisy started to bloat on Sunday then went toxic on Monday. Here's the thread on that....viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9518

I went out this morning to give her her meds and I noticed that her back legs were wet. I thought that maybe she had diarrhea again but I looked closer and there was no poop on her. I shrugged it off and went back inside. I came back out about an hour later to find this...
    [​IMG]
    This is after I pulled on it a little...I stopped when I felt tension.
    [​IMG]
    She had even more come out but it fell of somewhere and I didn't get pictures of it.

So here's a little background. February 19th Daisy stood for the buck. I posted pictures of her pooch and everyone on TGS said they thought she was pregnant. Her belly was even growing after a month. Right around what would've been her 2 1/2 month mark I started wondering if she was still pregnant. She didn't look like she was getting any bigger and I have another doe who can be really rough and headbutt Daisy hard sometimes :hair: May 21st I pulled her blood and sent it in to see if she was pregnant, they said she was open.

The pictures of what I took with my phone look like old afterbirth to me. I know it looks like pus but its not. It doesn't have a bad odor to it at all. I took her temp and it was 102.4. She's eating, drinking, pooping and peeing. The only thing that seems a little different is her breathing, kind of like she's short of breath but that started when she got bloated. I haven't found any sign of a kid outside on the ground so what am I supposed to do now? I've never had to deal with anything like this before.

What a week Daisy's been having :tears:

2. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Re: What is going on? Pics

Prolly in the process of miscarrying :( . Sry bout that :hug: . I hope some one else comes and syas I am very wrong.

3. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia

oh boy

when did she last kid?

that looks an awful lot like retained afterbirth and/or retained kid

I'd be loading her up on antibiotics if she was mine, asap

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

With the bloodwork coming back negative on a pregnancy, is it possible that this could be the remnants of a "cloud burst" from a false pregnancy?

5. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa

Can she pass it on her own or do I need to take her to the vet? She would've been 2 1/2-3 months along when the kid/s died What antibiotics do you suggest? I think I only have Twin Pen in the medicine cabinet, I'll have to go look.

liz-I don't even know what a cloud burst is? :(

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Liz ....I agree...... :)

Personally.. if that was my doe... I would have a vet check her out ...to get his opinion what should be done... :hug:

7. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa

I was looking up cloud bursts and it does sound exactly like what it could be...I didn't find any sign of a kid anywhere, besides she was in the shed the whole time. I'm going to take her to the vet. I can't handle anymore stress :hair:

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

bheila....I will pray... that everything will be........ A ...OK.... :hug: :pray: :hug:

9. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Seeing the vet would be good,, that is obviously not a normal pregnancy...it seriously looks like it could have been an "empty" sac....and I do believe that with a cloudburst there is no functioning placenta :shrug: Please, let us know what the vet thinks :hug:

10. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia

I havent ever experienced a cloudburst but I was under the impression it was just fluid, not membranes.

I agree, I would take the doe to the vet.

Good luck and let us know how it goes

11. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    So I gave Daisy a shot of BioMycin yesterday for uterine infection just incase. I was able to get her in to see the vet this afternoon. The Dr. said she also thought that Daisy had a cloudburst(false pregnancy). She poked, prodded and looked in side of Daisy to make sure things were okay. She said they normally go into labor around their 150 day mark. Daisy wasn't due until July 18th. We figured with the stress of bloating and going toxic at the beginning of the week she went into "labor" early.

It's weird to go out to the pasture and see blood on Daisy's vulva and know that she didn't have any kids. I have peace of mind now knowing she's okay. What a week poor Daisy's had :roll:

12. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    So I am assuming that she "cleaned" out then?

Did the vet confirm that was indeed a water bags membranes?
    I'm curious, as I've not experienced a false pregnancy with my does. I hope the poor girl recovers quickly and I too think the stress of the bloat and then the toxicity brought on the "miscarriage".

13. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    Liz-Yes, because there was no fetus and no placenta it was just the bag that came out of Daisy. All strung out it was only about a foot long. She's cleaning out now(bleeding) just like a normal pregnancy.

14. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Amazing how that can happen isn't it? Wierd

15. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    I'm just glad she's okay now and I have a few hairs left on my head to pull out :hair: You can have all of the weird stuff that comes with goats :shocked:

16. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :wink: Thats ok, I like my hair where it is :greengrin:

17. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    My goodness, what a week you guys have had! So glad that she is going to be ok.....I've been watching your thread on her bloating.