The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a new game. Post the craziest thing your goat (or goats) has (have) ever eaten!
I'll go first :)

My Pygmy doe, Cleo, loves paint! She'll try and drink it out of the can, and for a while, she would strip it off buildings!!

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
When I was building the goats houses a few years back I had a doe that would sneak up grab a mouth full of the nails and try to eat them. I chased her down and we got in a nasty fight with me taking them away. She never got them down but she sure tried.
I have another goat that will eat tarps if she can reach them. Not plastic bags or feed bags tarps.

But iI did have a horse that would ate my McDonalds burger and followed me around for more......which she never got

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One of my friends, her uncle, his goat ate and swallowed a roofing nail.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
While Peggy Sue was pregnant someone forgot to lock her bedroom door and she got into the kitchen and dragged a rack of pork ribs down from the counter and started eating them like crazy! She got super angry when I took them away.

It was a double surprise because before that she wouldn't even touch a piece of bread or cracker if it had touched any kind of meat! Since she had her babies she's gone back to her strict vegetarian diet. ;)

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
My doe Peeps eats PVC pipe glue any chance she gets, crazy goat, she is a weird one for sure, never had a goat with a personality like hers.... She also LOVES mountain dew, sandwiches, donuts, fruit, vegetables, listerine breath strips, wormer, beer, cigarettes, anything and everything! And she's a master pick-pocket!

·
4-H Secretary for Life ^.^
985 Posts
Probably the craziest thing... is painted cardboard and rabbit fluff... our goats love tissues, paper towels, stray clumps of fluff (especially rabbit hair), cardboard, paper, wood, they've even ripped off a piece of one of my shirts.

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
My doe Peeps eats PVC pipe glue any chance she gets, crazy goat, she is a weird one for sure, never had a goat with a personality like hers.... She also LOVES mountain dew, sandwiches, donuts, fruit, vegetables, listerine breath strips, wormer, beer, cigarettes, anything and everything! And she's a master pick-pocket!
Lol she sounds like my nail eating goat. Mine attacked my dad for his beer. He could not get her off him lol

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My pygmy also likes coffee and iced tea. The majority of my goats also like to eat my ribbons.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
While Peggy Sue was pregnant someone forgot to lock her bedroom door and she got into the kitchen and dragged a rack of pork ribs down from the counter and started eating them like crazy! She got super angry when I took them away.

It was a double surprise because before that she wouldn't even touch a piece of bread or cracker if it had touched any kind of meat! Since she had her babies she's gone back to her strict vegetarian diet. ;)
Haha..... Pork ribs :p My pygmy has eaten bacon and turkey also.

·
Registered
621 Posts
We feed ours bananas quite often and I used to peel them. Until one day I wasn't fast enough they got a peel and went crazy over it!!! The LOVE banana peels with or without the banana in it.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
It not really that crazy, but It sure surprised me when one of our alpine does started stealing eggs out of the egg gathering basket whenever my back was turned! :lol:
You'd have to watch her- we had to go through the goat pen to get to the chicken pen, so on the wy out with a basket of eggs on your arm, she always tried to steal an egg as you went by. :rolleyes: Down in one gulp! We weren't sure where the eggs were going for a while, she ate them so fast.
The chickens also used to come into the goat pen and lay eggs in the hay feeder, so we had to check it often, or silly Danielle would have a feast! :lol:

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Those are so funny!

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
We feed ours bananas quite often and I used to peel them. Until one day I wasn't fast enough they got a peel and went crazy over it!!! The LOVE banana peels with or without the banana in it.
yep...we have lots of banana plants growing all over our land, and if we're not careful, they goats would eat them ALL. when we have a glut, we peel the bananas for the freezer, and the goats get the peels. they literally fight over them!

my goats don't really eat anything that's weird.... mine seem boring compared to all of yours!

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
^ I have a doe that dose that if you have a coffee cup.. She loves her coffee ;) lol!

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Well we found out our doe liked coffee when she was in labor and my mom was sitting in her stall with a cup of coffee lol! Now she goes nuts when she sees a coffee cup lol!!

·
I'm not addicted - I'm in love!
5,018 Posts
Eunice has eaten a ponytail holder and a Nerf dart. She also nearly swallowed a needle and thread once. I pulled it out of her mouth just in time. Keturah once tried to eat a rusty old tin can - yes, truly! She's the only goat I've known to actually try.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts