The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
58,182 Posts
Approximately 10 days prior to their due date. There have been kids that have survived being up to about 15 days early but it is usually under 10 days that have the best survival rate.

·
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have her due date down as day 149 but i've been hearing so many stories out there of does kidding early. She is day 134 now so it got me scared what if she did go early how early is too early..she's not showing any signs of going early just stuff like this i like to know cause i am a worry wart lol..I have a chart that i use to estimate due date, I hand bred her so i know when she was bred. :)

·
Goats of da UP
1,142 Posts
So a mini can go around day 135 and the kids are still OK? If that is the case, then I should be in the safe window with Yoko, since she is now 8 days from her due date, whew!

·
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So tomorrow i'm in the clear from there on out most likely..that releives my mind a bunch. I've been on pins and needles this whole time worried what if she went early ..what if what if..i know you can't live off what if's but I'm happy to hear she's almost to the point of everything should be ok if she were to go early..

·
14,725 Posts
I don't have mini's but have always read on here they can go on day 145. Our standard size goats usually go to day 150, sometimes they'll go to 155.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
My mini went 152 days, her sister and mother who had trips and quads went 145 days. My boer just went 153. You should be fine. As I said on another thread, don't stress, get some rest before hand- haha I can say that but I don't think any of us can actually do that. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts