The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a three year old that I've been noticing for a few weeks that his fur is gone in little round spots I'm not sure if it's just bug bites but I'm adding a picture..does anyone know what this is...I'm asking here first...if nobody knows I'll have to contact my vet...please take a look

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The most likely culprit is Ringworm, which is a fungus, not a worm. Apply anti-fungal ointment (athlete's foot ointment).
That's exactly what I thought it may be but I didn't know how to treat it...THANK you....where could this come from do I need to look around for how he got this...just purchase athlete's foot ointment? Do you know how many times I should rub it on...thanks

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Just put on daily until gone. Down here that used to be a common fungus for outside children to get. Blu Star Ointment will also work.
Tell your boyfriend goats don't have tires to check air pressure in.:)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just put on daily until gone. Down here that used to be a common fungus for outside children to get. Blu Star Ointment will also work.
Tell your boyfriend goats don't have tires to check air pressure in.:)
Yup I picked an antifungal up at TRACTOR SUPPLY and made sure I put it all over where the missing fur is and of course heavy on the spots...directions say to continue until fur starts growing back THANKS ALL I TRULY APPRECIATE YOUR HELO

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
I appreciate that! It would be good to read and remember what things in my medicine cabinet will treat.lol

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I appreciate that! It would be good to read and remember what things in my medicine cabinet will treat.lol
Thanks so much. If the spots don't go away with what I picked up at TRACTOR SUPPLY I'll order this.I truly appreciate you taking a picture of the that product for me...now I have ANOTHER QUESTION uhhhhh it never stops

1 - 18 of 18 Posts