What is this???

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by sweetgoats, Mar 20, 2009.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Ok I have been doing this kidding thing for 9 years and I have never seen this.

I have a few does that I had no idea got bred until they started to show signs. So to sya the least we have no idea at all when they are due. I thought it happened when I had surgery in November but if that was the case they will not be due for at LEAST 3 week. according to Fiasco farm calender. 11/20/2008 is a due date of 4/19/2009.

So what is this? I is on these two and the gray one had it two weeks ago also.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Looks normal to me. My girls love to loose their plug early. :roll: I think they just do it to get me :hair: :hair:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    could either be a plug or sometimes when my does are recently bred they "leak" like that :shrug:

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Looks like their plug, mine have had that discharge as early as 3 weeks before delivery to a few days before.

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OK, I thought maybe it was the plug, but I have never seen that before.

Stacey it is thick. When yours leak is it thick or liquid type?

Thanks. One of them is leaving tomorrow. Do you think that she is ok> SOrry like I said I have never seen that before. I was hoping they were not going to go early.

Also, I have others that do not have that so that is why I was worried. I do not want anything to happen to them and the one that is leaving.

Thanks Liz so that is normal that far before.

I can not believe I have never sen that in 9 years. Maybe I have and I didn't think anything of it. :shrug:

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    in the weeks after breeding yes it can be thick. But more then likely it is the plug. I cant see there being a problem with moving her. Just do all the normal stuff you usualy do for a goat that is being transported.

7. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    If you think that they are that close to kidding I wouldn't sell her till afterwards because it is stressful but that is just me.

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I do have to agree with...Sara on this ...they can deliver pre-mature ...if to stressed...I wouldn't move her and risk her losing the baby(s)....I know a breeder that bought a big number of goats....alot were preggo....a day or so after their arrival to his ranch... they were kidding right and left.....and most of the kids where born pre-mature..and died.....a major loss for him.....I don't mean to scare you.... but I seen it happen..... :hug:

9. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Dawn lost her plug over a month before kidding. Xcell lost part hers about 3 weeks before and then the rest of it right before kidding. And Anna is due April 3rd, but started to loose her plug about 2 weeks ago. So around here it's very normal.

And then i've had others that never have ANY discharge and suddenly pop out kids.

I wouldn't worry about it at all. Might watch them a bit closer.

As for me. I would move them, but thats just me. It really depends on how upset you think they are going to get over a move. I have some goats that don't care about changes at all and others that can't get over a change for weeks.

10. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I normally do not ever thing about selling a goat or moving a goat that is within a month of kidding but I have to sell her. Actually she was a while ago like almost two months ago, the people want her now, and I do not blame them and I need her gone now.

I just wanted to make sure that was the plug that was coming out and not something else. I assumed it was the plug but I had never seen it like the before.

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Honestly - when my girls are pregnant I check them daily to make sure that they are not prolapsing or to watch for changes - whenever I personally have seen this - mine have given birth within 12 hours.

I have pictures of China, last summer, like this, and within 12 hours I had twins on the ground....... she was a FF nigi.

12. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I so wish it was always that easily. Mine love to keep me guessing