The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone - I have another post to do later on announcing a beatuful little Nigerian dwarf billy, but right now something is happening to the doe and Im not sure what it is (first time kidding).

She kidded the billy about 2.5 hours ago and then the afterbirth came out shortly there after. Now this is happening and she is having contractions again (sorry for the graphic image but Im a little nervous and need help!). Is this another kid? The first one did not look like this when it start coming out so I wanted to be sure. I have someone who has delivered goats before coming over, but thought Id put a quick post out to the goat community. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She is actually pretty happy. Being a really good mom. She is still bleating occasionally with what looks like little contractions. Called the vet and he asked me to email pics (he is 40 mins away so he wanted pics right away). Their initial reaction was that it wasn't too scary, but cant tell until he sees it. Im just not sure!!! It for sure does not look or feel like another baby coming.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Went in and cant feel anything in there. Felt her sides and they are very empty as well. I don't think there are other babies in there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Vet looked at the pics and didn't think it was urgent. Said to watch her and he would come out after hours. It COULD be the beginning of a prolapse, but it is very close to the outer edge of the vulva - it is not coming from within. Because of that they think it is some vaginal swelling which is normal. They said to watch it when she stands and if it looks like something is falling out of her it is a prolapse and I need to take her in or have him come out. Right now when she stands it sucks back in and is a slight bump instead of the big ball in the picture. When she bleats it becomes a little more pronounced, but stays in for now. It looks like its a little swelling from her big boy!

We are going to watch it for the next hours and keep in contact with the vet. So glad there are great vets willing to take time to help out any hour of the day!

For those interested here is a pic of the new little guy and his mom.

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
Beautiful buckling and mama. I would love to have the mama!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shoot I don't! Ill have to check the country store tomorrow for some. Ive been out with her and her baby most the night and she is calming down and laying down with him now. I think she is feeling a little better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts