The Goat Spot Forum banner

What is this.

651 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  packhillboers 
#1 ·
Noticed it this morning. What is it?? Its only on one side.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
I had the exact same thing happen to some of my goats. It was during cold, windy weather. Started with one goat and then others got the same thing. It really started to make me nervous and I even posted a thread about it on here, but couldn't figure out what was going on. I never did find out what it was caused from, but it did slowly go away on it's own and the goats never got sick or anything so I really don't know. Here's the thread I had about it: http://www.thegoatspot.net/forum/f186/eye-problem-144317/

#9 ·
Since this is not a kid things like inverted eyelid can be ruled out.

I would think this is a mineral deficiancy if others start to develop it. Not all would be affected by deficancy as different genetics will be affected different.

It also can be mites and a skin scraping will determine that.

#10 ·
I wouldnt worry about it quite yet. It could be a deficiency of some sort too or it could just have been from a leaky eye .. goop.. that dried up over the hair and caused the hair to fall out. Even if this is mites... that is a hard area to treat easily. The body is probably going to recover itself from it with time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.