The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So this is my Pygmy doe, Daisy. She was in heat last Thursday (9-8-16) and was very interested in my buck so I let them have a little date, and I saw white stuff like what's in the picture, so I thought it was.. well uhm, you know, evidence of successful breeding... But today it's there again and she hasn't been around my buck since Thursday, the picture is from this morning. Can anyone help me with what this is? Because since she's not around my buck now I don't think it's what I thought it was
:ponder:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,790 Posts
She's probably just cleaning out all the semen and goo from when she was in heat. I would make sure there's not bad smell (gross I know) to be on the safe side but if she passes the smell check then I wouldn't worry.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually went out about an hour ago to check on a doe that is due to kid anytime now and I smelled it, of course neighbors pulled in their driveway at the same time so I had to explain myself lol. Pretty sure they think I'm crazy.
If she's cleaning it out, does that mean she won't take? Or is it just getting rid of all the extra?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts