The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2 yr old Nigerian Dwarf doe has some spots/bumps that popped up on her nose. I’ve included a picture of before and after the top popped off. It looks like some sort of wart, but I’m new to goats and don’t really have a clue. She doesn’t enjoy it being touched, but she also didn’t come unglued when we put some topical ointment on it tonight.

Thoughts?

Blue Carnivore Dog breed Fawn Whiskers
Leg Dog breed Carnivore Whiskers Felidae

·
Registered
Here On Oaks-n-Goats Farm We Are Raising Pets, And Mini/Full Sized Backyard Milkers.
2,065 Posts
Did she have a small sore their before? If so, it could be a infection. Id wash it with %20 alcohol %80 water. Wash really well then, spray blue-kote on a q-tip and cover the sore very well with it. (It being blue-kote)

·
Registered
Here On Oaks-n-Goats Farm We Are Raising Pets, And Mini/Full Sized Backyard Milkers.
2,065 Posts
If you dont have blue-kote you can just wash it then put ointment on it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much for the advice! I didn’t notice the sore before. She also has two smaller bumps by her other nostril. I don’t think they’ve been there long. I wondered if she got pricked by our fence when she was trying to jump over. She’s an escape artist. I’ll clean it out and treat it with an ointment and see what happens. I can get blue-kote, but don’t have any on hand. Thanks again SO much.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Thank you so much for the advice! I didn’t notice the sore before. She also has two smaller bumps by her other nostril. I don’t think they’ve been there long. I wondered if she got pricked by our fence when she was trying to jump over. She’s an escape artist. I’ll clean it out and treat it with an ointment and see what happens. I can get blue-kote, but don’t have any on hand. Thanks again SO much.
You are so welcome! Hope it gets better! Also I do agree with Karen.

·
8,371 Posts
If it is Staph or Sore Mouth (Orf), wash your hands well, as it can be contagious to humans.
Orf can go from goat to goat, looks awful, but once it's cleared up, they won't get it again. It can be dangerous to small kids if it completely blocks the nostrils.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts