The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I would like to know what you all think about this. What is it, and what would you do?
I will tell you the outcome later after I get some reply s.

OK, here is the situation.

Sunday saw Topaz, in the pasture looked fine but for some reason we kept looking at her, my daughter nor I really knew why we were watching her. Then we noticed that she had her tail down, not her at all.

Monday, I really didn't notice anything because I was not out with them at all because of work then a 4H meeting that ran rather late.

OK, Tuesday- She was outside at 5:15 am when I fed, and I noticed she never really got up to eat. I put some hay in front of her and she walked away. Ok
I went inside and as I was about to leave, I was watching all the babies play around and just enjoying them, then I noticed that Topaz was away from the others, tail down, facing the barn. Her back was a little hunched.

I went out to get a fecal to take to the vet.

OK, what do you think the problem was and what would you do to take care of this? Would you have done a fecal or did you thing it was what I thought? (I will tell you what I thought it was).

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one will reply?

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, She kidded in Feb. She had NO temp, no runny nose or discharge. Nothing in her feet, or mouth. NOTHING else to say was wrong with her.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Stomach problem of some kind or hypocalcemia if she is in milk. I would suspect entero starting but it could be so many things. Basically no appetite (assuming usual feed) but Tim acts that way when hypocalcemia is just beginning. Not bloat because no sign- not worms probably because it shows in poop changes and other things. Not polio because no neurolgical signs.
I would do B Complex and calcium (again if in milk) on the premise it can't hurt and might fix. Then I would keep taking temperatures to see if anything developed.

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Enjoytheride,
I would like to thank you for even answering. I guess I am lucky that I did get the answer because if I really did need help, I sure would not of gotten here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts