The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first of May my Percii had five kids. The vet said he never heard of a doe having that many. Said that maybe another doe dropped a kid and I just found it.......no way, she was the only doe in the barn for several days and others had not been inside for almost a month and the rest of the stalled were all bare,
Needless to say, the first two were normal and still so at about 20+. The third died, I have the fourth one which would fit two in my hand at birth and the fifth was a pair of pajamas with no one in them. Kandu is 11 lb and quite healthy ..............no one that she would make it except for me and Kandu,
I would be very interested if others have been in this situation...........
I do not expect to breed her as I am just so ever grateful to have her in my life The photo was taken last week

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
32,158 Posts
awe she is a doll....Nigerians are known for litters of kids..five is not unheard of...glad your little kandu madeit..she looks alot like my Gypsy..same caramel color : )

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
We had a little doe once that was from a litter of 5. Her little legs were very badly bowed and even though her legs eventually straightened she never got as big as her siblings. She was a mixed mini and she grew to be about 28# and 14 inches tall. She was by far my smallest goat.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Aww shes so cute! I'm glad she pulled through for you. :) She looks like my little doe Karamel, they even have the same little white patch on their head! Although her white spot isn't to visible in that picture :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Goat Girl
1,985 Posts
Go here: http://www.goddardfarm.com/senior_does_-_page_two Goddard Farm Electra kidded with quintuplets in 2008. According to their website all 5 kids were healthy, similarly sized and grew well. There are pictures of them if you scroll down the page a little.

The most I have ever had is quads, and that is a handful!

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I have a 14 mo. old pygmy that weighs 27 lbs. she's very healthy now and a fat little butterball just very tiny. When I bought her I was guessing that she was about 3-4 mos. old. But I contacted her original breeder and found out that she was actually 10 mos. old. I don't know if she was just born tiny or if her growth was stunted. I don't think she will ever be big enough to where I would feel comfortable breeding her so she will just remain a sweet little pet around here:)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow than I am really not nuts after all!!!! Am going to email the page to my vet...........
OMG I would love to have a mini Nubian but just as a pet, I will never breed Kandu and I have another tiny one but not quite like her

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi I'm new. Anyway, my cousin had a doe that had 6 kids. One only made it a couple weeks, but I have 2 bucks from that kidding.

·
Banned
5,939 Posts
The most kids delivered were quads, 3 lived and 1 died. The smallest goat was a doeling in a set of triplets, and she weighed 2 lbs a few hours after birth. She was too small to even reach her mothers teat. The other 2 were regular weights and sizes. Peanut was pulled and bottled, but her digestive system shut down when she reached about a month to 1 1/2 months of age.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I had a set of twins that where premature one weighed 1.75lbs and other weighed 2lbs the 2lb girl only lived a day but the other is doing well she isn't as big as she should be about half the size of a kid her age but is a crazy little goat I just love her I think she will catch up eventually

·
Premium Member
15,205 Posts
Very cute!

We had a litter of quints this year. They all survived and one is actually going to be an upcoming herdsire for our herd. Quints are not rare in nigerians.

Anyway, here's the group with momma B'Udderscotch...and a buckling "Storm" who we've kept. The rest have found homes. There were 4 boys, 1 girl.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Very cute! We had a litter of quints this year. They all survived and one is actually going to be an upcoming herdsire for our herd. Quints are not rare in nigerians. Anyway, here's the group with momma B'Udderscotch...and a buckling "Storm" who we've kept. The rest have found homes. There were 4 boys, 1 girl.
WOW!!! She must have been huge! Do you have a pic of when she was pregnant?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Very cute! We had a litter of quints this year. They all survived and one is actually going to be an upcoming herdsire for our herd. Quints are not rare in nigerians. Anyway, here's the group with momma B'Udderscotch...and a buckling "Storm" who we've kept. The rest have found homes. There were 4 boys, 1 girl.
I love the spots!!!

·
Super Moderator
14,769 Posts
The most I had has been trips....I don't even want to think about more then that lol. The smallest was 2 preemies they were low 3lbs and couldn't even hold their heads up.......they were Boer cross. After an lot of TLC they did live but was a total fight.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.