The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm sorry I'm not good with this website... I just really start using it... I have been more of a learn as I go with it, but just thought it might not hurt to ask what else someone else use are so on! He said I over feed them but I know Rabbit's are made to eat all day long, I have them toys... Hay...

·
Super Moderator
58,877 Posts
Are these pets? If they are pets, you might want to consider looking at House Rabbit Society feeding suggestions. I fed my rabbits more hay and greens and almost no pellets. But they were spayed/neutered indoor pets.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have meat rabbits and pets... I have mini Rex, France lop, (getting a buck this week) neither lands, lionheads, the meat rabbits are just a little of every kind.. I give them hay and toys to help with there teeth... And vegs though out the week.. So the feed at really needed?

·
Super Moderator
58,877 Posts
If you are breeding and using them for meat, then you would want to use pellets. Not sure how much. I never had more than pets and they couldn't even reproduce.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
For our Californians used for meat and breeding, we used purina (I think it's called rabbit chow) and Lonestar rabbit feed. We fed 3-5 ounces a day. Also put apple cider vinegar in their water (2 tbsp per 1 gal of water) and gave baby carrots, and bananas every once in a while.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts