The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tatto gun for nigerian dwarf and pygmy kids?? I need to get one like now and not sure which works best. What do you guys recommend? Where is the best place to order? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, goatnutty, I'll check that out. Have a great time at the wedding! Thanks...

Allison, i'll look that up also, definately want to explore my options, you got an awesome deal!!!

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
See details All Breed 5/16" Tattoo System
SKU: 5K

5K Choose the tattoo system that has all the most-wanted features in one great outfit at a price that can't be beat. Ideal for pygmy and dwarf breeds, and meat goats, too.
The Tongs - compact, 5" long, sure-grip textured handles with posi-action spring loaded response. Gleaming polished finis...
It's 28.95 I think.That's all i found.Thanks,I'm going to try to have fun!

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Yah - I was very lucky.

You can buy the letters and numbers needed individually, or you can buy them by the set - figure out what it would cost you to purchase each seperately and then how much per number set and letter set - cause you might end up spending less by buying the set if you have alot of numbers or letters - but be aware of repeats in the numbers - like Y11

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
The 5/16 is the one we have, it's labeled for small animals. It is fairly inexpensive. I think Jeffer's has the better deal than Hoegger's. We got it from Jeffer's. It comes w/ the 0-9 numbers but no letters. It does not have the ear release but I think that's mainly needed for the Nubians, (not sure about that).

·
Registered
764 Posts
I use the same one I use for my nubian kids. I bought mine from Jeffers

Standard Tattoo Outfit w/ Revolving Head/Ear Release.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Since I also raise show rabbits, I use my rabbit tattoo pliers. They are fairly expensive, as I wanted the smallest possible tattoos on my little Mini Rex ears, but I use the Ketchum brand tongs in the 50D model - and they work GREAT on the goats! They ran about $200 with shipping for the 0-9 digits and the full alphabet set, but they are SOLIDLY made using all metal construction, so they can be sanitized easier. They also have sharper tips and make much cleaner tattoos. Also what is nice, is that with the 50D model, you can fit 6 digits in the space of about 1.5".

Kelly :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts