The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
The three wheeled cart sounds interesting. Definitely post pics if you have some. I would like to see this design too.

Also... anyone know where to find building plans for a sleigh? I would really like to have one for next winter. Jack gets bored and into way too much mischief during the winter lol

·
Registered
84 Posts
Took me 4 tries but I finally figured out how to post a picture!
Here is the cart we have. We have seen them on ebay, but this came from a lady who bought it out of Sacramento, Ca. for her mini horses and it was to small, so we ended up getting it from her. Fits the goats great!

[attachment=1:24oqfitz]IMG_3193.JPG[/attachment:24oqfitz]

[attachment=0:24oqfitz]IMG_3190.JPG[/attachment:24oqfitz]

Attachments

·
Banned
849 Posts
We bought a cart from Hoegger's goat supply about 6 years ago. The whole family and all the relatives chipped in and bought it for my husband for Christmas, and it's worked out really well. We also got a nylon harness from Hoegger's, and it's held up nicely over the years. The only things we didn't like about it were the halter (we now use a leather llama halter instead) and the saddle pad. I ended up making a custom pad for our harness which works a lot better.
[attachment=1:3tf57dg8]Cuzco_WinterCart.jpg[/attachment:3tf57dg8]
We thought Cuzco was full-grown at the time of the first photo. Boy were we in for a surprise! We had to raise the height of the shafts by a few inches (luckily the cart was equipped with 2 pre-drilled height settings), and the harness, which was on all the tightest holes in the first photo, is on all the last holes in the second.
[attachment=0:3tf57dg8]Cuzco_LakeDrive.jpg[/attachment:3tf57dg8]

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
We got our cart from Kingston Saddlery in California. When it came it was fun to assemble, but the third wheel wouldn't hold air. I called Kingston Saddlery and he sent me a new tube. We took it to the local motorcycle shop and they replaced it for me. They had really great customer service. http://kingston-saddlery.com/kss.asp?se ... RSE%20CART

The pic is our sweet Zorro at the Clearwater County Fair in the first ever 4-H utility goat project. Wyatt got top project with Zorro. We lost Zorro a month later when the trailer he was sleeping under fell on him. Why is it always the best ones that we lose?

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
Here is an old picture of the old goat cart that my cousin gave me. That is his brother and sisters in the cart. (he is in his late 60's now). I fixed it up and take kids for rides in it. It is a little rickety, and I wouldn't risk taking it in a parade or anything. It's an antique and kind of a rough ride. But it still works!

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
lastly, here is Gyro a year ago pulling a fabulously crafted cart from S+C carts, a midwestern cart manufacturer who did a great job making this cart for me, with custom shafts to fit my fat goat. It is really a thing of beauty, so well ballanced that when someone is riding in it, there is no weight on the goats back at all. I highly recommend them.

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
This is Sea with the cart ages ago, when I had heaps of things to fix on it and hadn't added any of the baskets/racks for carrying things.
How do you stop the goats pulling being lazy? Mine are unbelievable when I haven't been working solidly with them for weeks.
Love all the other carts on here!
Cuzco looks so willing as well.
Cazz

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts