What kind of goat is Fro?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Nubiansrus, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    A lady I sold some goats to [not this one] offered to lend me a buck since I have two related to my buck does. She told me he was La mancha... but wow never seen a La mancha like this guy. Any idea what else is in him? Could he be pure? Im told hes about a year old. That size sure aint La mancha looking to me. Hes a short boy lol

**Excuse his yellow tint he is a buck lol**

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    If he's about a year old then he's about the right size for a LaMancha buck, some LaManchas tend to be smaller than others. About how tall is he? I wouldn't say he's pure(I wouldn't say that unless you had papers to prove it) but he looks to be very LaMancha.

Love the do :love:

3. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus New Member

Nov 15, 2008

Guess Im just used to my Nubians that are pretty tall by a year old lol. Its sad though hes a borrowed buck and I really like him. He has a nice attitude to. And I love the do lol Id have to measure to see how tall he is. But hes about the size tall ways as my bigger older pygmy doe.

4. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    He doesn't look full Lamancha to me. I'd say he's got some nigerian in him, maybe half nigi half mancha. He's cute though!

5. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus New Member

Nov 15, 2008

Thats what i wondered. because i have a few does that are pygmy or dwarf crossed with Nubian and wanted to know if hed be safe to breed to them. But I dont know if he actualy is. Guess only time will tell, and well I dont own him hes just borrowed.

6. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    yea i say mini mancha with all that hair

7. deenak

deenak New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Ames Iowa
    I love the fluffy hair too!

8. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Haha, I can see why is name is Fro, he gots a little afro goin on there.

9. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    We have Mini-Nubians here but we had a Nigerian Dwarf with a similar hair do.

10. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus New Member

Nov 15, 2008

Sadly his name is actually snowball. Fro as we call him is only here on breeder lone.

11. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Yeah, he looks to have some Nigerian in him. He is very handsome looking! :) The hairdo is too cool. :shades:

12. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Good thats what I wanted him to have. But didnt wanna trust my own guess lol

13. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    He looks to me to have Nigerian in him also - he riminds me a bit of my old Gabe (pic of him on my buck page at the very bottom as a reference buck)