The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was given these two goats and would like to know if anyone could tell me what breed they may be. Would be nice to know. I have attached a picture of Billy and Lilly. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
The cream one looks like a Nubian/Nigerian Dwarf or a Nubian/Sabble Mix. The other looks like a Nigerian Dwarf, or Nigerian Dwarf mix. They are cuties!!

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Nigerians are shorter. Nubians and Sabbles are taller. That's why I am thinking a cross. On the more brown 'painted' ones, is has a Nigerian Dwarf coloring and ears. The other one has 'airplane' ears, so I cross with a goat that has the long floppy ears, and a goat with upright ears. Do you know how tall these guys are? Some Nigerians are 2' tall.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nigerians are shorter. Nubians and Sabbles are taller. That's why I am thinking a cross. On the more brown 'painted' ones, is has a Nigerian Dwarf coloring and ears. The other one has 'airplane' ears, so I cross with a goat that has the long floppy ears, and a goat with upright ears. Do you know how tall these guys are? Some Nigerians are 2' tall.
Well I am 5 feet tall and when they both stand up on back legs they are taller then me. I am just curious because I am wanting to get a few more females. She is the cream colored one.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Yup, still going with a cross. Definitely dairy crosses.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
There WAS pictures. Now they aren't there any more.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Yeah, now that I am looking at what goathiker said, I agree. Plus, the right side up picture is better than an upside down one :p

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Yep I think Goathiker nailed it. All I know is they are cute and I love the bucks coloring.

·
I'm watching you
22,383 Posts
There are no standard colors for Alpine. They can be a color pattern OR any other color at all.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
His ears kinda have the airplane look to them though. So maybe some Nubian in there?

·
Registered
319 Posts
the white maybe Nubian mix and the other maybe a mix but pretty

1 - 19 of 19 Posts