The Goat Spot Forum banner

What Kind Of Goats??

1K views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  GreenMountainNigerians 
#1 ·
What kind of goats do you raise/own?? Or are planning to raise?? Thought this might be interesting..... I own/raise or gonna start soon Nigerian Dwarf, Boer, and Briar:cool:

#2 ·
I have mutts :) Mixtures of Nubian/Pygmy/Fainter/, Kinder/Pygmy/Fainter and a touch of Lamancha.Later I will have Saanen/Fainetr/Pygmy. :D

Maybe in the future I will do 50/50's with Nubian and Saanen or Nubian and LaMancha..........but for now we are working with what we could afford and what was available at the time within a decent price range and distance...

#7 ·
I breed registered Nigerian Dwarfs for breeding, show, and milking. The wethers are great for beginner 4H shows and pets :)
Next year I would like to get a Toggenburg or Oberhasli for a little extra milk, and I will also be adding to my Pygmy herd :)

#8 ·
I've just started my Toggenburg herd, so far I only have one doe who we are A.I.ing to her "soul mate". I'm hoping to get on a waiting list for this one herd, and then I hope my doe gives me some nice doe kids. It's a little hard seems how I'm striving for CAE negative herd of Toggenburgs and not many places test that are near me.

#10 ·
I have and am owned by registered Nigerian Dwarf goats. We are raising bottle babies. 3 does. 4. Months .3 months and two months. Almost done weaning the youngest. Picking up our newest tomorrow and the feeding start again. Love it! A while till we have milk and kids but I'm already shopping for a buck who is standing. Fun!

#11 ·
great I like the fact of raising and selling. I no for sure that I will sell all of my baby bucks. That is of course once the are weaned. There may be a exception though if the buck is down right beautiful and I have to keep him maybe to breed to a unrelated doe. But other wise all of my bucks are for sale. lol I will sell a good many of my baby does to unless like the buck if she is beautiful and I can breed her to another unrelated buck. Hope this makes since lol.

#14 · (Edited)
I have all Nigerians!:) I cut back but eventually I want to have a few alpine (hopefully from lacie @ little bits and pieces farm) & 1 oberhasli with 1 nubian!(;
Is that too specific?:p

These are my girls:

Dog Plant Vertebrate Flowerpot Dog breed

Little tots estate phoebe

Plant Goat Dog breed Working animal Tree

South oaks classy cricket

Plant Dog breed Fawn Terrestrial animal Snout

Painted feather star sophya!:)

That's it for my registered...... For now ;)

Attachments

#17 ·
What ever strikes my fancy. I currently have:

several mixed breeds ( Boer/alpine and her daughter by a LaMancha, boer/kiko/nubian and his daughter out of a Toggenburg)

a few registered goats (Am. Togg, PB Nubian)

and some Mini Nubians.

I'm considering trying to get a doe that my friend has that is mostly Alpine with some Saanen.

I have a couple of different goals with my herd, and like a variety to meet all my needs.

#19 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.