The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I give my goats all kinds of fruit and vegetables that would have otherwise been wasted. In the fall I give them apples cut into quarters, and orange peels. My brother fed them chocolate. I feed them overgrown cilantro and strawberries this time of year. They like pea pods and carrots.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Here we go....

Fruits and veggies: Bananas, Broccoli, Brussels, lettuces, tomatoes, beets and the greens, carrots*** they love carrot slices, garlic, oranges, apples, squash, and sweet potatoes.

Plants: Raspberries, goldenrod, alfalfa, popple branches, pine bows, basswood leaves and burdock.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Mine don't like anything wet, so there goes a lot of options (bananas, apples, applesauce etc). They don't like the peels either. I haven't really experimented much though. We don't keep animals crackers in the house, so I don't know about those. They refuse to even look at garlic, despite my best efforts to get them to eat it. They love raspberry leaves and one actually loves the raspberries and will eat them out of my hand.
They are very stubborn :)
Mostly the only 'treats' they will eat is sweet feed.

·
Registered
Goat Mentor
7,389 Posts
Mine don't like anything wet, so there goes a lot of options (bananas, apples, applesauce etc). They don't like the peels either. I haven't really experimented much though. We don't keep animals crackers in the house, so I don't know about those. They refuse to even look at garlic, despite my best efforts to get them to eat it. They love raspberry leaves and one actually loves the raspberries and will eat them out of my hand.
They are very stubborn :)
Mostly the only 'treats' they will eat is sweet feed.
Stick some crushed garlic inside a raspberry!!!

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Having a picnic inthe back yard. Cant go to any parks. Soooo just playing like we on a picnic. We had the charcoal going..some nice t-bones, corn on the cob, cooked veggies..and pecan pie for dessert. The girls were begging to come be with us. The kids were trying to climb the fence. We finished eating/ let the goats in to eat the veggies and scraps off our plates. Nobody told the goats...the pecan pie wasnt scraps. We got to laughing so hard/ the goats liked the pie.

·
Registered
208 Posts
LOL...
Our girls LOVE plain animal crackers (goat crack)...any kind of candy (hard or chewy)...one likes to drink the dredges left in my coffee cup...the other, not so much. Cabbage, cucumbers, melons, corn on the cob, tomatoes, squash, anything I don't WANT them to eat (think landscape plantings)...I think an easier answer would (for me) be "What DON'T they like"... :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts