The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
558 Posts
Does anyone know what those pellets are that they sell for 25cents a handful at petting zoos??
Seems like the goats always eat them like crazy at those places.....
One of my girls will eat out of my hand but the other is a picky girl. I would love it if she would too.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
They sell pellets like that at my feed store as goat treats. My goats love them, but we also feed raisins and pieces of torn up alfalfa cubes.

·
Goat Crazy!
6,457 Posts
Unsalted peanuts in the shell. I can get a 5 pound bag at the grocery store for only $6 (WAY cheaper than Agway!) I also feed my girls small handfulls of "Cheerios" (Usually the cheap storebrand..)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I use about any cheap vitamin B fortified breakfast cereal. My current bunch is no-brand Cap'n Crunch, but no-brand Cheerios is more usual. The only problem is sometimes I eat the cereal myself.

·
8,071 Posts
I get the apple flavored horse treats at TSC for special treats. Otherwise, cereal, popcorn (plain), root beer barrels!, and raisins.
If they are super good, come when they are called from the woods, they get root beer barrels! One once in awhile makes for
goats that come running, like dogs!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Unsalted peanuts in the shell. I can get a 5 pound bag at the grocery store for only $6 (WAY cheaper than Agway!) I also feed my girls small handfulls of "Cheerios" (Usually the cheap storebrand..)
I give mine salted peanuts in shells...salt will help them drink more water...

·
4-H Secretary for Life ^.^
985 Posts
Lettuce, carrot, celery, broccoli stems, raisins, peanuts, apples, cereal like cheerios, and green maple leaves (not red maple, they can be toxic).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts