The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been noticing my wrist (only my right for some reason) getting these itchy bumps. They look and feel like some kind of bites. I don't see any fleas or lice or any bugs on any of the goats but I'm wondering if there's still something there. It doesn't bother me anywhere else and it doesn't bother me much after washing up... Anyone know what would do this? I feel I use both hands pretty evenly and this is only on my right wrist.
IMG_5263.jpg

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
I’ll get those when I feed too. I try to jump into the shower as soon as I’m done feeding.
If this isn’t happening when you are feeding but when you are with the goats you might be allergic to them. I totally thought my brother was full of poo when he said he was allergic to cows but he breaks out in hives when he touches them. He does takes allergy pills and also showers after handling them.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It doesn't feel like hives and it's only in the one area. I'd think the hay but that I tend to hold over/on my left arm and just kinda hold in place with my right so my left gets way more contact.

If they're getting anything like poison ivy is gotta be coming thru the fence around the edges of the property. But I don't think we've got anything like that.

There's always the possibility of nettles I guess or something mixed in that my skin doesn't like.. I dunno. We've been using a rich alfalfa hay but I've seen bunch of weeds n things mixed in so I dunno. And tonight I found a little light brown weevil on the edge of the hay loft(it's only about 4x4 or 5x5 and about shoulder height. Fully fenced in except a wall corner with an opening about as narrow as a bale of hay) that had to come from the hay cuz ours are usually a dark dark brown or black. But as far as I know those don't bite. I dunno maybe it is an allergy or something but it itches and feels like bites. They don't bother me much, I just thought I'd ask to see if it looked familiar to anyone else and if anyone would've been able to say it's from goat or hay. I know they only go so far up my arm cuz that's about where the elastic on my sweatshirts that I wear out there stop when I push up my sleeves... Which is always. Anyways.. Not a big deal.. Just figured I'd ask in case anyone could say "those look like ___bites" or "that's___rash from___".. no one else in my family has anything like it going on, but I'm out working with them the most.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts