What on earth are you reading?!

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Amos, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Ok, ignore the title, but really, what does everyone read on TGS? Everything that is orange (new posts), only things that you think are interesting and that appeal to you, or only things in a certain catergory, such as 'meat goats' for example.

By the time I go to sleep each day I try to have everything new from that day read.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I read everything -- or try to. Thats part of my job as admin. I need to be aware of what is going on.

Sometimes it may take me all day to check a certain thread that isnt goat related and doesn't have a lot of activity on it. But I do try to check them and check each reply. It gets time consuming but I'm ok with that.

3. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    i love reading the chatterbox and mini mania.
    if there is a particularly interesting post on the others i respond,
    but me not having any goats mean i can't say much, can i? lol
    but i do read alot of posts and try to learn from what others are asking and saying.

4. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    I don't have alot of time to read all the new postings, so I read the medical stuff as I know about medical stuff, whant to learn more and may be able to help.
    If I have time, I like to read the Nigerian type postings, and new baby postings..maybe I am shallow?? That's what I read. :wink:

5. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Not at all Victoria!

6. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    i go to 'view new posts' and read everything that's been updated since i read last.

7. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    That's okay really, I know I am a bit when it comes to what intrests me, but I am willing to read the postings about boer goats, and big goats, but if I do, I swear I will have some in my barn before I know what hit me..it as happened that way before.. :love: one minute I think of a goat breed, the next minute I have one...it's pretty dangerous!

8. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Well I know how you feel.. I truly dislike reading the mini section, mainly because the minis are so cute and I'll want some, but I know I shouldn't.. and I don't like reading the kidding section because everyone is having babies and I don't have any - I think its called jealousy..? naw.. Lol. Looks like I'm pretty shallow too then.

9. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    Yep, me too, shallow like a feed bucket :wink:
    Oh, and the thing of reading on babies, yea, I totally relate..
    Every single time I see or hear about new babies, I have to restrain
    myself from getting more!! It is a real problem!!
    If I didn't have to eat, it would be fine..Jelousy, or obsession?
    Maybe it's called goatie crazy??!!
    I am sure there is a big scientific name for it in some Dr.s office some where
    what ever the condition is, I definately have a bad case!!
    And I really don't mind! :dance:

10. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    I read the posts that interest me, mostly...or if I think I might be able to contribute something to a post/question from another member--I'll read those posts.

I definitely don't read every single reply for every single post--my husband thinks I'm on here too much as it is...LOL!

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I read and try to keep up with the "view active topics" area. Since I am on so much, this is where I just "keep an eye" out and pipe in where I can. there are times when I am reading, but can't respond to everything though because I am at work - but, like now, I am at work and able to reply - LOL!

As far as a particular area - I tend not to read the games section - just don't have time - yet, I am one that can say - thanks to the Dairy area and standards, i now have some! LOL!

12. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I try and read most of the active topics and/or what interests me most out of the first page of "view active topics", but I tend to keep up with most the nigerian topics, just cause I am way more experienced w/ nigerians vs. boers or angoras,,,etc. and they interest me the most out of most breeds. I would probably be more inclined to read different topics if I had a wider variety of breeds.

13. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I stick with the basics, I guess. Don't have time to read all of them although I'd like to. Mini Mania is my favorite, of course!! :greengrin: Just wish it was a little busier sometimes. . . . ;)

14. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    I hit view active topics and try to read most of them. Throughout the day or in the evening, I read the ones I missed in the morning.