What program do you use

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Gumtree, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Gumtree

Gumtree Lurking Aussie

Aug 15, 2009
    S.E. Qld Australia
    what program do you use to unload photos to the net?

like photobucket!

and what do you think of it ?

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Photobucket...though sometimes it can be slow and tempermental!

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    Flickr... love it!
    very clean, easy to use and user friendly!

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I havent figured out flicker -- but I do know that photobucket and webs work well together so I use that when I dont want to upload the pictures twice :p might have to see how flicker works and if its less temperamental then photobucket

5. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I'm with Katrina ---- FLICKR!!! I used to use Photobucket, but I agree, the site is slow, and I LOVE how crisp my images seem to look on flickr. I wasn't getting the same satisfation with photobucket. Of course I am very self concious about my pics sometimes, so I needed a site I was happy with and that makes less stress in my life LOL

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

6. Gumtree

Gumtree Lurking Aussie

Aug 15, 2009
    S.E. Qld Australia
    yeah well i use photobucket and don't like it so thats why i asked

7. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I think on flickr you can upload up to 1GB free every month, at least that's how it used to be. Otherwise it's $24 a year. I love Flickr, but there are a few things I wish were different, however you can search through your pics when you need to find something specific <I have over 6,000 pics on mine so I love this option>, easy to share with friends family - if your on facebook you can set it up so everytime you add pics, it will update your friends on facebook.
    Smugmug is another that a lot of photographer friends use for the businesses, I think they might be more costly, and don't offer anything free.
    I was tempted to use them, but decided to stay with flickr.

8. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    I haven't been able to get photobucket to work for me. :sigh: My son did get photo's on to my facebook though. Just look up Kristinn Klug [email protected]

All my brats are on it. :laugh:

Gina