What projects are you currently working on?

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by redneck_acres, Apr 18, 2009.

1. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Hi everyone! What projects are you currently working on getting done? We are painting the inside of the house and taking out carpet and putting in hardwood flooring-I think we may have gone crazy-but in the end it'll be worth it I think. Right now we have the front room painted a pretty tan color-and there's no flooring down. We pulled up all the carpet in the front room today. I think I pulled up about a billion staples :scratch:.
  2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    I'm taking a sharpie to my walls and writing song lyrics all over them :greengrin:

3. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    You will be so happy with hardwood! I'll never have carpet again--hardwood is so much easier to deal with...and it's pretty to look at!

I've just been working on cleaning up my yard and starting seeds for our tomatoes and peppers. We've already planted potatoes, radishes, onions, and lettuce. I can't wait to have fresh veggies again!
  4. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Yeah, we're going to get the garden all planted today and then work on the house with whatever time we have left before we have to start the milking and feeding of goats again. At least the weather looks like it is going to be wonderful here today. I know one thing for sure this is going to be a busy spring and summer. It seems when we figure out one project about a hundred more pop up :hair: . But, i'm still thankful for warmer weather. :sun:
  5. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    i need to clean my room so i can re arrange/re decorate it

im sooo unmotivated xD
  6. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Yeah, since can't really afford to live in my own place I still live at my folks place-so I have to share a room with my Grandma. I'd like to paint it some day-but it probably wont get done 'till she's no longer in there since there's so much stuff to move out of there. I figure by the time she's no longer in there i'll be able to paint it in the colors I want to paint it in.
  7. rkalgren

rkalgren New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Falls Creek, PA
    Studying for finals. Finals are next week.
  8. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    I just finished goat proofing a horse trailer for the move to Pa, and we are very consumed with my wife's upcomming doctoral defense on the 29th.
  9. FunnyRiverFarm

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    What are you going to school for, Bob?

I have finals too, but mine aren't until May.
  10. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    I'm working on mustering up enough courage to disbud my new goaties........ :worried:

I'm a BIG procrastinator.... so I'm thinking lots of other stuff will get done first, like shampooing the carpets, tilling the garden, trimming trees, building bat houses, anything else I can think of to avoid touching that disbudding iron.
  11. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Oh my gosh- where do I start! :sigh:

We spent the weekend replacing three lines of fencing in our horse paddocks- since they decided to chew/eat/kick/break/lean on the rows between each other over the winter- they were pretty much one line of wire and one board away from living with each other :angry:

So- we went and bought a bunch of electric rope and revamped the fencing to 4'5" high with 4 strands of electric rope and one mean fence charger. :veryangry:

Hmmm whats next- OH we moved all our does to a new paddock and made the old doe paddock into our momma/baby/weanies pen. And we hadnt quite gotten all the boards up, but we had the wire mesh fencing up, so we put them in there anyway. Well yesterday they learned how to push the wire mesh and squeeeeeeeeze under to get to the grass on the other side. So off we went to put boards on the bottom and solve that problem!

Hmm- next we have to replace the back line of fencing in the new mom/baby goat pen since I have a feeling someone is going to try to sneak out- its old 4x4" wire fencing along the back thats convenient for a kid to climb through dont you think!
    So- they are in there for now, but its only a matter of time until they discover that. Maybe this weekend
    Oh and we have like a bazillion kids to disbud, have to clean out the kidding stall real good and shuffle some of my does that are at the 140 mark up to the maternity ward.

The list goes on! :sigh: :wink:
  12. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    4-H projects! :slapfloor: And websites...
  13. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Oh my... I'm quite sure there's not enough room here but - here's some of what we currently have going:

New goat fencing and shed in process.
    Finish chicken coop and new run.
    Put up two loafing sheds in the pastures.
    Fix lots of pasture fencing.
    Dig out pond.
    Put fencing around garden.
    Prep garden for planting.
    Fix driveway where the water collects and makes another pond!
    Put up new clothesline, again (first two broken by Belgian mare rubbing her butt on them).
    Finish solar heating system.
    Finish kidding stalls.
    Clean out basement and barn.
    Finish basement.
    Finish coat closet in house.
    Replace carpet with hardwood flooring.
    Fix cupboards that are broken and falling apart.

Believe it or not - everything above is in the process of being done... my hubby just tends to move from one thing to another to another. But, when he does get something finished ... he does a great job. :)
  14. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Cinder we are currently in the process of replacing the frontroom carpet with hardwood flooring. So far we have all the carpet up and most of the painting done-just have to finish putting the paint on the walls. Our front room looks like a construction zone at the moment. We haven't put in the flooring yet-i'm kind of nervous about that part-dont know how well it's going to go down. I'll be glad when it is done. Of course there's till lots of painting to be done-the kitchen, dining room and some day my bedroom.
  15. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    At Work

Just got done debudding our goats (Besides tasha who I could not for some reason do)
    Repairing Fencen
    Fatten up 10 ponies we resqued
    Getting Chewy, Samsom, and Golith a little more friendly
    Getting rid of the bruse I get from being a goatie Gym
    barn cleaning from the winter
    Scrubbing goatie baby pens
    Getting ready for 3 more babies
    Given Shots to all the goats
    Getting new animals (mini llama, alpaca, and possibly a couple of mini heffers for our mini bull)

Cleaning house (hubby is a slob and when I am at work nothing is done)
    Cleaning house (*points to above*)
    Getting ready to do Pow Wows
    Maken jewerly
    Getting web sight finished for Farm and Jewerly
    Cluddling with Hubby
    Sleeping (cause I get none at work)
    Fixing the whole in the bedroom floor (Hubby had to cut a whole to get to a pipe)
  16. FourSnyders

FourSnyders New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Working on training my goat to pull my cart, which now needs repainted. Slowly getting the garden together. Weeding it out as I get the time. This past weekend I totally spring cleaned and rearranged the rabbit barn. This weekend will probably be the duck barn, goat barn, and duck house.
  17. rkalgren

rkalgren New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Falls Creek, PA
    Environmental Biology
  18. FunnyRiverFarm

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    That's cool. Are you going to try to get a job with the DNR or something??

Oh, I was gonna ask--Have you heard of Little Mill Creek goat farm? My husband stopped there when he was in PA and got me some goat milk fudge. I guess it's only a few miles from Ridgeway.
  19. rkalgren

rkalgren New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Falls Creek, PA
    Never heard of it. Next time he is going fishing up here, let me know before hand. I can show him some great spots on Little Tobt CreeK between Brockway and Ridgeway.
  20. FunnyRiverFarm

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Will do! He could probably use the help...LOL...

He actually did end up catching some to bring home with him, thankfully. I think that's what we're having for dinner tonight. :drool: