What recipes have you tried lately? Share your recipe ideas.

Discussion in 'Cookin' Corner' started by redneck_acres, May 3, 2009.

1. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Hi folks, I have been into the cooking mode lately. The other day I made a tater tot cassereoe-it was okay-but I think i'd try using poultry of some sort instead of ground beef if I make it again. Today I made an herbed monkey bread(made with biscuits) and a No Yolks Italian Casserole. The monkey bread was good-very buttery-but good and pretty easy to make. The cassrole wasn't to bad either. I also made a chocolate peanut butter pie-it was yummy-but very sweet. I also made some cheddar and chive biscuits the other day that were not to bad-although I still say my mom can make the better biscuit. Have you tried any new recipes lately? Have any old time favorites?

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    The tater tot casserole is one of my favorites...with ground beef though.

Heres one that I make here at home as well as at the restaurant I work in....believe it or not it is a fast going dinner special.

Hamburger stroganoff

2# ground beef cooked with 1 small onion diced
    1 can cream of celery soup
    1/2 can water
    4 oz sour cream
    1/2 package cooked egg noodles

Stir soup and water into cooked meat and onions, bring up to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, turn off heat and add sour cream. Serve over egg noodles....or mashed potatoes.

The "stroganoff" part comes from the sour cream...the soup canbe subbed with cream of mushroom for a more authentic stroganoff.

3. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    I made the "Outrageous Chocolate Cookie" recipe today-but I used the milk chocolate instead of semi-sweet chocolate and even though they still tasted yummy-they were really gooey-it was more like a chocolate cookie cake than cookies. I'll use the right chocolate the next time I fix that recipe. A few days ago, I made a "Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie". I think I got that recipe off of a coolwhip container(underneath the lid). It was good-but really rich. We just had good old meatloaf tonight. I wish I could figure out how to easily kick that recipe up a notch. I think i'm going to make hamburgers tomorrow and maybe make some mac and cheese with velveeta and breadcrumbs and all that good stuff. I just feel like we get stuck in a rut here of eting the same old boring stuff.

4. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    I'll have to try that strogonoff recipe. We normally just use the one out of the box-but like I said earlier I have been getting bored with the same ole' recipes. I made the home made mac and cheese today and my neices loved. it. I chopped the cilantro stuff into smaller pieces and that seemed to help. I do wish I could figure some way to change up the regular meat loaf recipe though.