The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
The first law of internet commerce is set up your website for the convenience and ease of use by the visitor. I would either have my name and phone number on the main page or put the 'contact us' button on the main page. There are a lot of people out there (I'm one of them) who are not going to hunt through the pages for a way to contact you. They will simply leave. The bit about the chickens and rabbits doesn't flow very well, either. What do they have to do with the goats?

Another thing you might want to keep in mind is that your job is to convince the visitor that your goats are the best and why. What sets your goats apart from everyone else's? What do you do that no one else is doing? Why can I buy goats from you without worrying about what I'm bringing home along with those goats? The word "intend" does not belong on your website, imho. I don't mean to be harsh, but if you're going to go to the time, trouble, and expense of setting up a website shouldn't it be working for you? ;) :)

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for your input :)
I'll do something about that contact us page :)
The rabbits and chickens I included because eventually they will have a page(the rabbits) and I think it lets whoever is reading get a view of who we are.
The reason the word intend being on there for now is because I've had goats for less than a year and am just starting, so I'm trying to let them know what will happen.
I get that it should work for me, but I'm not paying for it (it's free) and it was very easy to make and is very easy to edit.

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Ok, that makes sense, but you may want to tie the goats, chickens, and rabbits in a little better. I'm thinking a sustainable lifestyle perhaps? Goats are meat and milk. Chickens are eggs and meat. What are you planning to do with the rabbits? I know they can be harvested for food, too. Is that your plan, or are you planning on selling them for pets? What about a garden for produce? Is that something you are planning? I think you are on the right track, and it just needs a few tweaks to make it totally doable - not necessarily what I've suggested, either. :) Is there a previous thread that I missed about your plans? If so, I would be happy to read it instead of peppering you with questions. :eek: :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts