The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am breeding my nigis soon, and wanting to order blankets to have on hand just in case. Im sure with my luck they will kid during a cold spell in the middle of the night in a power outage.

So im wondering what size to order?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Since nigi babies are so small at birth I wouldn't think that any coat would fit them.. You could try a super duper small dog coat. Maybe something for a chihuahua could work? Some people just buy some fleece at a craft store and make their own coats too. You don't have to be an expert seamstress to do that and it'll save you money. :)

·
Registered
637 Posts
I was thinking something made out of fleece material (whatever you go with) as it wont get soggy if damp as bad as cotton or even wool (I think I may have a childs wool sweater somewhere) would be best....
We are getting our first Nigerian weanling kid soon and I was worried about him regulating his temperature away from his old herd, not sure how he will be accepted by our 2 current herds (the minis, and the Obers)....

·
Registered
637 Posts
Just rereading the posts, and you know we have alot of unmatched (available) WOOL socks(DH has big feet)-- I bet those, with holes cut in them would be perfect for a small newborn....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts