What the goats do when no one is looking

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by dvfreelancer, Jan 22, 2010.

1. dvfreelancer

dvfreelancer New Member

Aug 15, 2009
    This is a 6 hour time lapse of our back yard compressed into 30 seconds. The camera was set up to shoot 1 frame per minute. I'm going to try to set this up somewhere else to give a better view of their movements throughout the day and bump up the frame rate so it's a little smoother.

If you have a quick eye you can see the team on the far side of the lake around the 17 second mark.

http://dangercollie.com/timelapse.html

You can also see how we have the place set up. Chickens in the back yard, the goats get the rest of the property. Electric web wire keeps the goats from climbing on the chicken pens, something the chickens don't appreciate one bit. This view shows two of the rain shelters, the hay rack is out of frame to the left.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

3. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
  4. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    lol they just go back- and forth! oh the life of a goat :)

5. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    That's soooooo cooooooooooooool. I love that lake/pond/body of water.

6. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Busy chickens you got there...<lol> The camera - How'd you mount it? Does it talk to your PC? It's awesome!

Deb Mc

7. dvfreelancer

dvfreelancer New Member

Aug 15, 2009
    The camera is a Canon 7D fitted with a Meike interval timer set on a tripod in the bedroom window with a 58mm polarizer to cut the reflection from the glass.

You're actually only seeing about 1/3 of the lake. It runs to the property line off to the right and the widest part curves around to the left. It's huge, but the way it's laid out it fits inside the property lines. Completely private. You get a better look at it here, some of the segments we shot for the fishing video.

http://www.dangercollie.com/fishing2.html

The goats make a cameo in that one, too. That was the day they were crunching acorns and made my camera audio rumble.

You can see it's pretty much a hook up for the team. The terrain gives them lots of places to climb and hide, their shelters are shaded in the summer and shielded from the worst of the wind. They're spoiled and it'll be sad to see them go when we sell.

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Great video's.... it was interesting seeing ...the goats pattern of movement back and forth...LOL ...Oh the funny ways of a goat... thanks for sharing... :wink: :greengrin: :thumbup:

9. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    Two questions:

1. Which one are you in the fishing vid?

2. Are you moving? (You said "when we sell")

10. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    That was cool. It would be nice to see it a little slower, and smoother like you said. They kindof "popped" around here and there, it was a bit hard to follow. But I LOVED the idea of it. I kept thinking, what were the chickens so interested in? (They kept going to the bottom right hand corner)