What to do with old work shirts

Discussion in 'Crafty Cabin' started by Deborah Haney, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Deborah Haney

Deborah Haney Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2017
    I have three polos from PetSmart, royal blue with the logo and everything that I don't know what to do with. I asked the manager if he wanted them back, he said to just toss them, that they wouldn't make people wear other people's shirts. It feels wasteful to just toss shirts in excellent condition. I left on good terms but I don't want to represent the company by wearing the shirts, and even if you can't see the logos they look like Walmart or Best Buy shirts.
    Most online suggestions involve cutting them up and wearing them in different ways. I'm looking for a use for them that wouldn't have me wearing them. It's a thick, stretchy material, 2 long sleeved and one short sleeved. Any suggestions?

2. 15WildTurkey

15WildTurkey Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2015
    Shirts usually make good cleaning cloths. And polishing, cos they are usually pretty lung free.

3. 15WildTurkey

15WildTurkey Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2015
  4. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Donate to Goodwill.

5. Jessica84

Jessica84 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    I would probably just wear around the house/ farm. I go threw clothes super fast just working in them. But usually once they reach the point that I can’t wear the any more I’ll keep them still. I have used old clothing for when I had a kid that I had to bring in the house and needed bedding. When my dog got mad at her bed I got a bunch and laid down and threw a blanket over it for a bed till I got her a new one. Rags for cleaning. You could probably cut them up and make little goat kid coats if your crafty like that. Or give them away if you don’t want to ruin them.

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree , so many things can be done with them. ;)

7. Deborah Haney

Deborah Haney Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2017
    The fabric may not be very absorbent (some sort of polyester designed to stretch and dry fast) so I'm not sure how effective it would be as a rag but I'll try the diy bag thing.