What to Expect for the "Home Stretch"

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by tremayne, Apr 17, 2009.

1. tremayne

tremayne New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Nadine has 12 days left to go until day 150. She was breathing much harder today. My husband noticed and then of course, I got worried. She was still (and always) eating well and seemed as content as ever. She's been lying down a lot more and it definitely takes her longer to get to her feet.

Should I worry about her breathing faster and more loudly? She's done so well and now that we're in the home stretch, I'm as worried as I'm excited.

She's getting wider and her udder is a little fuller. Her bottom is puffier, too. I have photos, but they didn't come out that great. She seems to resent me taking photos of her bum all the time. Imagine that. :scratch:

Anna

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    breathing harder is nothing to worry about - kids are pressing on her ribcage more then likely plus carrying that extra weight around is taxing.

As to her pooch being puffier -- thats normal too :)

What to expect? wow thats a broad subject LOL Somethings might include: getting up and down more often, refusing to get up. Stretching, peeing & pooing a lot, sudden increase in udder size. Discharge of various colors. Legs looking funny (we call it posty - check the sticky thread) and her tail cocked at a funny angle or straight out. Loosing her ligments.

I am sure there are more :scratch:

3. tremayne

tremayne New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Thanks, Stacey. I'd hoped this was normal and expected. Nadine is only the second doe my daughter has had. The other one was bred in the field so we didn't know when her babies were due. We had to guess. Luckily my daughter got to be there for the kidding.

I've been seeing some of the things you mentioned, She's making little nests in the dirt to lie down in and she does rest a lot more.

It's just too exciting. I can't wait for the kids. Since Nadine lives at the school, I think we'll be spending some long hours out there until she kids. I just hope we're there when it happens.

Best wishes for happy kiddings for all our does. Thanks for your support. :wave:

Anna

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree with stacey... :) .......it is normal with your doe.... :wink:

5. tremayne

tremayne New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Thanks, Pam. I just want everything to go smoothly. As if worrying about it would make any difference, but hey, I'm an expert worrier. :roll:

Thanks. It's great to have reassurance from folks with wisdom and knowledge of all things goatie. Yipes, that was a clunky sentence. :greengrin:

Anna

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Your welcome...LOL :ROFL: I know about being a worry wart.. :hi5: ..don't feel bad ...I think that consists of the whole "Goat spot"...members..mods and Administrator... :help: ..Nothing clunky about your sentence... :wink:
    Some of my Does ...when they are real big... towards the last month of preggo...do alot of grunting and breathing hard.. especially when the weather is changing to warmer...and sometimes not.... :shocked:
    when they all getta going ....all at once ..it is really funny....they sound like a musical team... :ROFL: