The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting to wean them at 8 wks and have been giving them alfalfa hay with medicated goat pellets. It's time to buy more feed and I wanted to make sure on what to feed them. Do I continue on medicated feed or something different. Thanks for any advice.

Editted to ask- What is a healthy treat that my youngsters can have?

·
Premium Member
22,983 Posts
Stick with the medicated feed, since thats what they are on til they are at least 6 months old. Then you can transition to your normal feed. Try getting a mixed grass hay if you can, I know alfalfa can be expensive but it is a very rich hay, so the boys will not need to be "fat" as they are not producing for you.

·
Premium Member
22,983 Posts
Mine is usually "orchard" mix...timothy and just the general long grasses..It's what I can get locally here. As far as treats go, mine like cheerios, raisens, animal crackers, graham crackers, saltines, pretzels, etc...if it's good for you, try it on them. I alsoi give fruits and veggies from the garden or xtra's that I have in the house...babanas, oranges etc. Try them with what you like. mine even like the occassional sweet treat...twizzlers, jellybeans and sweet tarts!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts