what to feel for?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by lesserweevil, Feb 23, 2010.

1. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    ok so, Bridget (graffogefarms) suggested feeling inside Whisper to see if her cervix had started to dilate...

...what am i supposed to be feeling for? I inserted just a couple of fingers to their full length and could feel the hardness of parts of kid, right there, but like behind a curtain sort of thing. Lots of space... not like she's tight or anything!

I'm seriously considering taking her to the vet this afternoon to get him to check her out. Just for my peace of mind.

I phoned, but currently he's out. Waiting for him to call me back.

:hair:

LW

2. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

If the kid is into position- i have been able to feel feet on the other side of the cervical tissue- feel around right there, you should feel the opening to the cervix, and if you cant find it, it must be closed tight still, you may be able to find it but it could be very small and that means she is just starting to dilate, since you feel the tissue blocking the kid, she is definately not fully dilated yet, but the kids are into position, so it shouldnt be long

3. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    You can usually feel the cervix as a tight ring/lump/fold, and if they are starting to dilate you might be able to get one finger in there. And by repeating this you can tell if they are dilating or not

Good luck with her, hope you get hold of the vet and everything is ok with her

4. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    sorry I only just saw the other thread