What to put in a lease agreement?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by keren, Jul 15, 2009.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    I have agreed to free lease my two harness boys - Charlie and Chaplin - to a local mobile farm - they are going to use them to give rides to the kids instead of having pony rides - something a bit different. They are my big babies, so I didnt want to sell them outright, but I agreed to free lease them because I just dont have the time to give them lots of work at the moment. The mobile farm also purchased two bottle boer kids from me, wethers, to train to harness when they are big enough, so the plan is to use Charlie and Chappy for 1.5 - 2 yrs until their guys are ready.

I think there should be some sort of paperwork to protect me, them, and the goats, but I dont really know what should be written down for everyone to sign?

Help, please?

2. there should DEFINITELY be a written agreement. Since they are getting the use of the animals, I think it should be there responsibility to have an agreement drafted (at their cost) that both parties can agree upon.

Here is a sample lease for a farm. If yall dont want to go through a lawyer, maybe you could use this as a template.

http://chestofbooks.com/business/law/La ... rship.html

good luck!

3. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

I have a buck out on lease right now- if you email me, I can show you the agreement I wrote up
    (proctorhillfarm@yahoo.com)

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    on a free lease they are responsible for all vet bills and care as well as feed etc. So make sure thats is known

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree with Stacey.... :greengrin:

They take Full care and responsibility for your goats health and well being.....also.. if someone gets hurt by your goat...they will have to pay all doctor costs as well......God forbid ...if your goat should die .....from an accident or bad health ...because of neglect of care.... that party ...shall replace that goat... either by money or by an equal value goat..... The other person shall... let you know....if the goat is ill/hurt immediately and seek permission and recommended treatment....if they feel.... it is an emergency and cannot get a hold of you ....then... they have permission to take your goat ...to the vet at there cost...not yours :wink:

6. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    pam's sounds perfect.

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    thanks Katrina.... :greengrin:

8. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    thanks Pam and everyone ... PHF I sent you an email ...