·
Legacy Lane
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea what to use, ??

·
Super Moderator
58,217 Posts
Have a fecal test done to include coccidia. Then once you know what parasites you are dealing with, you can worm appropriately. One dewormer doesn't take care of all parasites.

·
Legacy Lane
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need a preventative wormer. I have treated for cocci

·
Super Moderator
58,217 Posts
You really shouldn't do wormer on a regular basis. The parasites will become resistant to it. That is why you should just treat when you have something.

·
14,615 Posts
There are a couple of factors here that create resistance. One is worming too often and/or not high enough dose.
Changing wormers is another one. Use one until it no longer works, then change.
Im not talking about if you have tapes, which requires a different class of wormer.

·
1,384 Posts
I have no idea what to use, ??
give the wormers orally, and make sure you are giving at a a high enough dosage. Most wormers are given at 2 or 3 x the dosage on the label.

ivermectin injectable or normectin 1% given orally also some people will just use the horse ivermectin paste wormer. Give as an injectable for lice and mites otherwise give orally.(not tapeworms)

Valbazen liquid wormer(pretty good all around wormer) Right at $40 for a bottle. (works on tapeworms)

Quest for horses or cydectin for sheep or cattle(great if you are having a barber pole worm problem and anemia)(not tapeworms)

Can NOT give valbazen to pregnant animals

safegaurd wormer has its place, great for Gardia infections, Some areas have this problem others do not. Safegaurd for the most part in my opinion is just expensive and doesn't work all that wellany more.

·
Legacy Lane
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
give the wormers orally, and make sure you are giving at a a high enough dosage. Most wormers are given at 2 or 3 x the dosage on the label.

ivermectin injectable or normectin 1% given orally also some people will just use the horse ivermectin paste wormer. Give as an injectable for lice and mites otherwise give orally.(not tapeworms)

Valbazen liquid wormer(pretty good all around wormer) Right at $40 for a bottle. (works on tapeworms)

Quest for horses or cydectin for sheep or cattle(great if you are having a barber pole worm problem and anemia)(not tapeworms)

Can NOT give valbazen to pregnant animals

safegaurd wormer has its place, great for Gardia infections, Some areas have this problem others do not. Safegaurd for the most part in my opinion is just expensive and doesn't work all that wellany more.
Why would you give it at 2- 3 x what it says

1 - 8 of 8 Posts