The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am located in Texas (DFW) so I have been feeding them coastal hay. Honestly, it's a hit or miss if they eat it. Sometimes, they chow down on it and other times they will barely touch it for days. What do you all feed your wethers?

·
Registered
Goat Mentor
7,391 Posts
Lol my wethers do that. I have no idea why but they are really picky with their hay from bale to bale.

Coastal hay is probably the best hay you could have for wethers, though orchard grass is good too. But coastal provides a higher calcium ratio.

What else do they feed? And what’s your water source? Is it hard water?

All of this matters because you are looking for a balanced calcium to phosphorous ratio.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol my wethers do that. I have no idea why but they are really picky with their hay from bale to bale.

Coastal hay is probably the best hay you could have for wethers, though orchard grass is good too. But coastal provides a higher calcium ratio.

What else do they feed? And what's your water source? Is it hard water?

All of this matters because you are looking for a balanced calcium to phosphorous ratio.
They get alfalfa pellets in the evening. It is hard water. The rest of the day they just forage and eat the grass.

Reactions: Princess4ever

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
Goat Mentor
7,391 Posts

·
Registered
Goat Mentor