What web hosting do you use?

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Maggie, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Maggie

Maggie New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Floyd, Va
    Can anyone suggest a good place to make a website that is affordable? I have a free site right now, but am sick of the advertisements on it which only allows me to use a portion on the screen. Its a bit pricey to upgrade on that particular web host. I need something that will allow me to put up plenty of photos.

2. Coyote Night Acres

Coyote Night Acres New Member

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri
    I go through weebly. I get a free site with no advertisements. I used to go with webs.com but like weebly over webs.

www.weebly.com

3. Hush Hills Fainters

Hush Hills Fainters New Member

Oct 27, 2010
    I am using wix.com...really user friendly and free no big ads...you can upgrade for min. monthly fee

4. Desert Viking Ranch

Desert Viking Ranch New Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Arizona
    I use Bluehost (http://www.bluehost.com) for web hosting and it is the absolute best hosting service I have ever experienced. They call you directly to make sure everything is ok - NOT to sell you anything, just to check in with you. There uptime and server speeds are great and their tools are very easy to use and understand. I am also loving their unlimited hosting space, FTP transfer and number of emails you can have.

As far as front end, if you don't like their built in tools I would recommend WordPress as a great free template tool for webdesign (and you can pay for advanced/premium design too).

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    www.webs.com You can choose their free service, which is awesome for just starting out. I had never done websites in the past and it was easy for me to get started and use. You can take a look at my website. I had free service for a couple years and last year ended up paying for the upgraded service. I really really like it.

6. Maggie

Maggie New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Floyd, Va
    I have webs right now, and also weebly for our landscaping business. I was hoping for our own domain, not having to have webs or weebly after it. I can get a domain from webs, but its $9.95 per month.

7. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Maggie...where do you see $9.95 per month for webs? I paid no where near that. Just looked at the upgrade page... It says on the upgrade page that you can purchase a domain name for $19.95 per year. That comes out to about $1.67 per month. I remember when I purchased mine, it was like $21 per year.

8. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    I sell hosting through my business partner as part of my web design. Real nice, happy so far with it. Called Infinitive Technology Solutions.

9. Maggie

Maggie New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Floyd, Va
    Kwfarms, you are right, I just checked back again. It was 9.95 if you pay by month for the premium enhanced service. It is cheaper if you pay yearly or for 2 years. I think I might just stick with them as I already have my site all set up. Thanks!

10. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Aww...gotcha. I was just thinking that couldn't be right. I know what you mean...I ended up sticking with the webs service because I had already done so much with it. Now that it's upgraded...much nicer. I didn't want to go through the whole moving process so I just stuck with them and have had not many problems. In general, I think it's a pretty good service.

11. Paige

Paige Senior Member

Oct 14, 2010
    ohio
    I use webs.com (the free setup) and I really like it. Good luck! :wink:

12. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

I use webs.com I don't really do alot of selling. the web site was more just for fun so I didn't want to pay for it.

13. Scottyhorse

Scottyhorse New Member

I use weebly. Super easy to make.

14. OwnedByTheGoats

OwnedByTheGoats Well, my username says it all... :)

Mar 6, 2013
    Kansas
    Weebly. I have tried others and Weebly is the only one I ever plan on using.

15. J.O.Y. Farm

J.O.Y. Farm ~Crazy Goat Lady~

Jan 10, 2012
    New Hampshire
    I use weebly too, and agree with Grace above :)

16. OutdoorDreamer

OutdoorDreamer Member

Mar 29, 2012
    WV Panhandle
    I use yahoo web hosting for small businesses. I pay 12.95 per month and there is plenty of space to use up. Also building it was easy, there are templates available so no coding needed. The domain setup was free and the monthly payment is all that keeps your site up and running.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013