What wesite server do you use?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by shadycreekgoats, Aug 20, 2009.

1. shadycreekgoats

shadycreekgoats New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    I am thinking about getting a website up soon, and I'm wondering what website servers/builders you use? Thanks! :)

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I use www.webs.com (formerly FreeWebs) their free sites are awesome and it has a very easy builder on it :)

3. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Yep! Just wanted to add that I use Webs as well and I love it!

4. shadycreekgoats

Mar 23, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    Thanks Sarah & Tara!! I was thinking about using them...I most likely will. :)

5. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    I use them also :wink: It is REALLY easy to use too!! I started out with one of their free websites, and then once I saw how much business the site was generating for me, I decided to start paying for one through them, and I LOVE it!!!! Feel free to browse through my website to get an idea of what all you can do through them www.HollowbeadRanch.com

6. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I use Webs as well...previously freewebs. It has worked awesome! I love it and couldn't be happier, it's free and it comes with a lot of neat stuff and then if you want to upgrade it's pretty cheap compared to most web servers. Feel free to take a look at my website. :wink:

7. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Yup, webs here too!

Easy as pie to use. I might upgrade to a paid service soon.

8. eliya

eliya New Member

I started with tripod.com. Worked well and was free, but I had to put up with ads on my site. It was also not real easy to update (especially with a slow connection) Now I use a paid service - FatCow webhosting. I LOVE them so far! No ads, unlimited space and great support. Pretty cheap too. The link at the bottom of my links page will give you a 25% discount. That would give you a whole year for $66. Not bad for unlimited disk space, unlimited bandwidth, and included domain name. I used FrontPage to create and make changes to my site.

9. ChestnutGrove

ChestnutGrove New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Tennessee
    If you want to buy I have been using Khimaira and I have been very happy with them and what is nice is when I have a question and call them they are very helpful - plus I love the fact that it is a goat person :thumb: http://khimaira.com/

Deidre

10. shadycreekgoats

Mar 23, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    I actually have a website with webs...for our horses. But it seems now like you can only choose from a few templates for the free websites. Has any ever had experience with Homestead Web Hosting? It looks like they are pretty good too.

11. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
  12. ChestnutGrove

ChestnutGrove New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Tennessee
    My old site was on homestead - I find homestead is very slow to load if you are on dial-up. I ended up changing over to geocities and I liked it better (which will be shut down in Sept - so I am getting off my behind and transfering the info onto my current website). I was using Homestead before they cut it back to three pages for free - I did not upgrade as I feel homestead is too slow on dial-up and I want my website to download quickly for dial-up people too.

13. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I have also seen some pretty cool ones with weebly.

14. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Really?? Last time I messed with our template there were TONS to choose from...I dunno...maybe it's changed. :shrug: