The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
merryoaks
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier this year we had a bunch of kids with coccidia, Corid did not really work and now we have another goat sick. We have Dimethox, has anyone had bad experience with it? Also our fridge froze the Dimethox, will that affect it?
Thanks,
Meg

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,090 Posts
I personally go the herbal route. I use Fir Meadow's GI Soother and DWorm A. For prevention you give at least 3 times a week, and every day after it rains. For treatment I give it every 15 minutes for an hour, then hourly til runs are gone. From then out I give it every 3-4 hours till pellets are completely solid, then 3 times a day after they've recovered. I am extremely happy with it. It cleared up two cases for me this year, faster than the chemicals I used last year. With one case, he made an almost complete turn around in a single day. It's a great option if you want to support the natural flora in their gut, and reduce resistance in your herd.

If I was to go chemical, DiMethox has been successful around here. I used Sulmet last year, but I think there is more resistance to that now. If you dilute Corid (and I would suggest coupling with B Complex) that should be a fine option too.

·
Registered
30,645 Posts
If you can ..order some Baycox from horseprerace.com...it is by far the best cocci treatment at this time...
but for the one sick NOW..fresh batch of dimethox would be a good choice..1 cc per 5# day one and 1 cc per 10# day 2-5...

·
Registered
30,645 Posts
Baycox is not RX but can not be purchased here in the US..you order from Australia
: )

horseprerace.com is where most get it...I buy the 200 ml bottle...

·
Registered
458 Posts
I swear by Baycox!! It is a miracle drug...plus they like the taste of the liquid so it's easy to get them to take it

·
Registered
1 Posts
baycox

Ok, never heard of it before, but I will sure try it because we are having one heck of a time with coccidia. And I have bought my dog meds from Australia before with no problems! Those were also much cheaper too. Helpful Thanks.

·
merryoaks
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After yet another case of coccidia, (sigh, I thought we were done) I have successfully used the brother brand of Albon sulfadimethoxine.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
I used sulmet and two of my kids died, got the dimethox and it saved Daffodil. Baycox sounds great too.

I still think cocci is evil, so prayers are essential too.

·
merryoaks
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I used sulmet and two of my kids died, got the dimethox and it saved Daffodil. Baycox sounds great too.

I still think cocci is evil, so prayers are essential too.
I hate cocci! It has killed so many of my kids.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts