What would be this guys stud fee?

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by SamanthaB, Jul 10, 2014.

1. SamanthaB

SamanthaB New Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Connecticut
    He's about a year and a half, he's very tall, and very sweet. He gets along with everybody and is quiet, doesn't even urinate on himself but he still breeds. His kids have great conformation and a nice coat, he cannot be shown because of his horns, so there's no show record, but me and my mom can't decide on his stud fee. Also he's a purebred Nubian.

Attached Files:

2. lottsagoats1

lottsagoats1 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Middle Maine
    It depends on the area you live in, the availability of good Nubian bucks, his pedigree, his dam and daughters milk production and his comformation.

In my area, good quality registered purebred or American Nubian buck stud fees are between $50-$75. Thats for a buck with good breeding, good provable production in his dam and daughters and solid body type. Champions tend to have higher stud fees.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014

3. TDG-Farms

TDG-Farms Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State

Jul 12, 2013
    Without papers, maybe 25.00. But then you have to worry about peoples dirty goats passing something onto him and him in turn passing it to the rest of your goats. Unless you have friends that you know for a fact are clean, then its not even worth it IMO.

4. groovyoldlady

groovyoldlady Goat Crazy!

Jul 21, 2011
    Central Maine
    The fee here for registered nubian bucks runs $75 for a "driveway" breeding. People may want to see pics of his dam's udder and pics of a daughter's udders.

5. canyontrailgoats

canyontrailgoats New Member

Jan 4, 2014
    western montana
    Your buck would have to be proven CL/CAE free, and the does would also need papers stating that they're disease negative. It's the only way to keep all goats involved safe.

6. NubianFan

NubianFan New Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Arkansas
    Is he registered? You don't say, you just say Purebred. It would make a difference

7. MedsHomestead

MedsHomestead Member

Jun 16, 2014
    Wow! He's really a good looking goat!

8. highpockets

highpockets New Member

Jan 29, 2014
    He is a looker for sure!!

Sent from my iPhone using Goat Forum

9. Darlaj

Darlaj New Member

Dec 10, 2013
    U could band his horns ..... Just a thought and I would insist on records showing test results for cl/cae.... Goats can have stds like chlamydia as well ..... :) I'm sure u know all this anyway but hey why not say it again for good measure ;)