The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we have a boer cross weather that was born in 2013 who seems to have developed incontinence was wondering what would cause this and if it is curable.

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
Does he ever stand to urinate a full stream? If all he is doing is a constant dribble, he may have Urinary Calculi... this can be deadly as the stones will build up until the urethra is totally blocked causing the bladder to rupture.

A vet can do an x ray to see if he does have stones...it can be fixed if caught early enough.

·
Registered
30,622 Posts

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Hehas urinary callculi. He needs a vet and soon.

Ammonium chloride is the best treatment followed by Coni Ross' onion recipe. If niether of those are an option then look up the fruit pectin, like for canning stuff, remedy. Stacey on here has used it i believe

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
UC is not entirely to be blamed on grain feeding, even pasture can have an imbalance in the calcium/phosphorous ratio as can genetics play a role.

Having freechoice minerals with added ammonium chloride as well as a supply of fresh water can help with keeping things flowing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh, ok i see we did have some lose mineral out there at one time but i have not thought about it this summer for some reason. Dose the minerals normally have the AC in there our do you have to add it your self?

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Normally they have it but check the label.

Certain hays and grasses can have an imbalance too- like alfalfa for example. Always check to be sure. And have free choice minerals. Even then it can occur without a rhyme or reason.

Aggressive treatment is a must if he's going to survive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts