What would you do?

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by RowdyKidz, Nov 21, 2009.

1. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    There's a nice breeder here in OH I've been looking at buying from. She has some really nice, show quality Pygmies.

Anyway, she put a NICE doeling for sale...For $475. :sigh:

Would you go for her if you were me?

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    $475 sounds awefully pricey to me, especially a doeling. I just bought a finished champion nigerian dwarf doe for $500. I personally wouldn't even consider getting her for that price, but if you can get her down on price then I might consider her. I also don't know what the market is like where you are so ???

3. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    That is quite a lot for a Pygmy. . . There are some breeders in our area who sell Pygmy kids for that much but they've been raising for 30+ years and have countless permanent champions in their herds (example is Fir Meadow). As Kylee said, the economy really influences that in different areas.

I would ask why she is selling her. Maybe something she doesn't like about her conformation? I always ask why people are selling their goats.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    you have said already you are at max and then you bought more. we all know the temptation but will you ever be able to keep your own if you keep buying?

475 is steep for just a doeling -- does she have champions in her lines?

Do you really need another goat?

I am all for buying ot improve -- but if you never actualy get to the point where you can keep your own then you are shooting yourself in the foot.

Can you get as much for her doelings?