The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the Topic of the Week feature has gone over pretty well. And I thought I would get some suggestions on what you all would like to discuss more indepth

reply with your suggestions - no subject is off limits (we have 52 weeks in a year!) so I want to hear everyone's input.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
How about what anti-biotics are good for what problems- or any nutritional information.
I have really like those weekly topics too- are they going to be saved- maybe in a seperate folder?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just wanted to say I think the topic of the week was a great idea, especially since the board is so new. Ideas:

Definitely difficult births
Mabye one on feeding - I like hearing what everyone does
Fencing/barn plans?

Hmmm that's all I can think of right now.

·
Breaking Dawn Ranch
2,033 Posts
1.) Record keeping for the goat rancher; small and large operations
2.) different medicines and dosages for goats
3.) worming routines and methods
4.) different types of forages for goats and what is the best to feed
5.) Diseases, symptoms and treatments

these are just a few topics...I can think of more if needed

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I like the idea of what to do about difficult births, as well as problems that can go along with births e.g. pregnancy toxemia, calcium deficiancy etc.
i would love to hear more about barns people have, features they like and don't like, im going to be building new shed, type barns. pasture maintenance, fencing. things to look at when buying a buck, for milk show breeding etc. those are the only ideas i have for now.
beth

·
Premium Member
28,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is great - I love hearing feedback from you all.

I will try to start with the most pertinant information first and be sure we will use all the ideas asked.

As to where the information will go.

I can move it to "goat sense 101" Or it can stay in "the topic of the week" section. Either way is fine with me

You can let me know your thoughts on that too

·
Registered
139 Posts
How you each personally care for a new mother and baby goat?
How to treat/prevent bloat?
WHAT SHOULD YOU HAVE IN YOUR MEDICINE CABINET AT ALL TIMES?

·
Premium Member
28,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
all of these are great ideas and don't get discouraged if your idea doesn't get used right away. I am trying to pick the ones that most fit with the time frame we are in so the information is helpful to people.

Still taking suggestions - this is all about you. you all make this board and I want it to be information you want to know about.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I think we should have one on working goats, since the working goat forum isn't visited often. Maybe it would help promote it. Promote the working goat!! :stars: :rainbow: :dance: :party: :wave: :clap: :leap: :love: :thumb: :cool: :slapfloor: :sun:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Tips on preparing for breeding season would be good. I know that some change the feeding schedule. And how people make sure their goats get pregnant. Since we never did this before it would be nice to see how others go about it.

·
1,159 Posts
what vaccinations goats need at different ages

I agree that housing,kidding/breeding,and showing info would be nice,also info about working goats

goat milk products and how to make them

helpful barn items that you have around the house,or that you wouldnt think to use for something else

I think this is a really good idea :thumb:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts