What would you say her color is?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by TexasRanger, Feb 15, 2010.

1. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Her name is Bunny, she is out of my recently deceased doe, Brier (some small goat of the diary variety) and Sunny (pygmy). Her fur is kinda weird. She has longish fur, not fiber goat like, yet not short. The top coat is yellowish and the bottom is blackish brown. She is two months old.
    [​IMG]

2. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio
    I'm sorry I can't help with the color - but she is beautiful! :love:

3. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

She looks like she could be a very pale chamoise with white overlay?

4. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    I hada buck like that.. it was called an abbreviated buckskin..he just had faint faint faint facial markings and leg markings and had a yellow-white topcoat, but when i clipped him it was a greyish black.. the breeder picked the color.. i'd say its more of an abbreviated chammy

5. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I agree...or it could be a light buckskin? she looks a lot like my dairy/pygmy weather Buddy.

6. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    The doe, Brier, was a chamosie, and here is the sire, my family called him the "pee colored goat" :shrug:
    [​IMG]

7. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    lmao...the pee colored goat is very cute :)

8. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    The "pee colored goat" is now living with a family that has two mini horse, "pee colored goat" will be making lots of "pee colored goats" away from me. He was an extreme PITA, I was either going to sell him or eat him. He now lives with the "empty headed doe" and her "mentally challenged son". Both of whom didn't know how to walk out of a gate,she would stare at you and he would walk behind the gate and scream at the other goats who were walking away. I now have $175 and three new Boers.

9. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    haha...I know what those goats are like all too well! Some of them just aren't so bright....

10. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

she looks like a light caramel to me.
    beth