The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Rusty
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so first we have Chevy- bred 21 days ago- complete personality change from very shy to very affectionate and sweet as sugar and eating hay like a horse- I think even though she is only 21 days this is preggers!

Next we have Nelli, also bred 21 days ago, never can tell about her because she is always sweet, but has this yuk coming from her tutty and I'm thinking this also looks preggers..
Anyone who likes to guess out there?:ponder:

Attachments

·
Rusty
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also with the third pic which is Nelli, I didn't actually see the complete deed, but my Buck ran her down about 20 times in the pen, and from all the racket out there, I think he probably got her because she looked like she had been bred the next morning.

·
Rusty
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not for about two weeks now. I seperated them because he was going rank at night and harrassing them...but the whole week before he was mounting.

·
Rusty
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No takers? Okay- well she had this big long string of almost pure white mucous hanging out of there today, (Nelli- my older doe) and so I guess she is either in heat, or maybe pregnant- not sure what to think.

·
Super Moderator
58,939 Posts
I believe they need to be further along in pregnancy to do the pooch test.

I can never tell. I just send blood in to BioTracking if I really need to know.

·
I'm watching you
22,273 Posts
2 months for some does. It helps to have beginning pics so, see how they have changed in 4 weeks.
I'm going to guess both bred.

·
Rusty
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks I am hoping we are preggers- I do know that their bottoms look very different than they did the week they were bred. Last night I noticed my older doe with this long string of mucous coming out of her and I thought "what the heck"? I did a walk by my buck to see if she was actually coming back into heat and she didn't want a thing to do with him so I think maybe I got lucky! I would love to have a baby from Nellie, my sweet little Nubian/Nigerian in my avatar!

·
Rusty
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update!
Had Chevy (goat #1 pic) ultrasounded! Bred! Vet thinks twins he saw two distinct areas- she's as big as a barrel and she is only 55 days.
Still couldn't tell with Nelli (goat #2 pic)- but she is also big as a barrel and whatever the discharge was it is gone now. Her udder is also a little fuller now and I really think just because I know her usual behavior and it is so different that she is likely bred.
Excited!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts