The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at properties to move. Found one I like, but not sure how goats will adjust to it. Currently the live on flat land, field type pasture. New home would be more hilly, with lots of trees. Any thoughts?

·
New To Social Networking Not So Much To Goats
278 Posts
Hills certainly are not a problem with the exception that you can sometimes lose view of them lol. As for trees, a lot of the undergrowth and the trees themselves can be very tasty to the goats. I live in Florida and my goats equally enjoy being in the horse pastures as they do being in the woods behind my house. They really love palm and oak leaves and the little palm "berries" as well as dead leaves and pretty much all of the undergrowth that doesn't flower

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
While the goats will love hilly land with lots of trees, a good number of the trees will not survive if the goats have access to them. Might want to keep that in mind. ;)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are plenty of trees, mature great big trees. Land could stand to lose a few. Another concern I had is .... Will the goats climb in the trees? I don't think I could get them back down safely, if the got stuck in a tree.

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
I've never seen goats climb trees. my goats will try to climb trunks if the trunks are diagonal, but they never get very high.

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Well,one of my retards got stuck in a tree once... thankfully she was only about 2 inches off the ground. She tried to squeeze between a tree that forked at the trunk.... full grown doe....not the brightest there ever was...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts