The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Legacy Lane
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went christmas shopping today and I got Corid ( the powder ) ..... I was doing some research tonight and seen most ppl don't use it anymore, because of resistance... I was wondering if it is still working for people in Southern IN?

·
Registered
18 Posts
We went christmas shopping today and I got Corid ( the powder ) ..... I was doing some research tonight and seen most ppl don't use it anymore, because of resistance... I was wondering if it is still working for people in Southern IN?
Don't use it. Been killing a lot of goats this year!

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Some experienced breeders claim Corid can cause Polio since it is a thiamine inhibitor. For this reason I don't use it. That and sulfa drugs work for coccidia on my farm. I have heard of some breeders I respect using Corid and it works for them, apparently without problems.

·
Legacy Lane
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like I am going to take this back :) thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
I have always used it and only it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Apparently Baycox is latest. & greatest, I've been trying to figure out how to get my hands on some, but in mean time I'm using Dimethox. I mentioned what I did about Corid, based on vets instructions and warnings as well as other experienced breeders and farmers. As with any "advice" you get on forums/internet you should always consult your own vet & others you trust then make your decision.

·
Registered
173 Posts
If you want, I have a pint and 1/2 of Corid left that we will not use that I can ship you, if interested. Personally, it is about worthless, we have used it for chickens, cows, and goats, with no success, so we use Di-Meth.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts