WHAT'S GOING ON?!?!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Sara, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Sara

Sara New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ellensburg, WA
    Here's Holly at 90 days pregnant;
    [​IMG]

Here's Holly at 124 days pregnant;
    [​IMG]

Why did her stomach get smaller after it's continually gotten bigger?

2. Sara

Sara New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ellensburg, WA
    By the way, she's not actually cow-hocked she just scrunches up on the stanchion, she has a beautiful wide back end when she's out standing around in the field.

3. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

her kids have moved down, making her stomach apear to shrink
    beth

4. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I've noticed that in several of my girls too. Its just the kids dropping some. Nothing to fret about.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    She will fluctuate between looking fat and looking slimmer as she gets closer to kidding - I have noticed this with my girls as well.

It seems like as the babies reposition the doe can look really pregnant or not.

Nothing to worry about - I really didn't notice that much of a difference though

6. Sara

Sara New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ellensburg, WA
    Oh ok. This is my first goat pregnancy, and I was worried she was reabsorbing her babies.

7. Sara

Sara New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ellensburg, WA
    Oh ok. I was really worried for a second there.

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    nah not this far into her pregnancy. NO worries she is normal :D

9. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Try not to worry too much Sarah, I know it's just about impossible, wether you are an experienced breeder or a first time goat gramma!! Totally normal for the "belly" to go away, babies are growing so they shift around. Have you been able to feel for movement?Next time you have her on the stand, feel the bottom of her belly just in front of her udder...you'll feel flutters on your palm. It's an awesome feeling.

10. Sara

Sara New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ellensburg, WA
    Yes I've felt three kicks in the last month. It's very amazing.

11. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I hate when they get that THIN look to them. Now you should look for that, and when they are sunk in that means they are just getting into position.
    Our first year of kidding and that happened, we looked all over for the baby, because we thought she had it somewhere and we missed it. (talk about feeling really dumb :scratch: )

12. ozarksvalley

ozarksvalley New Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Missouri
    LOL I was also wondering this about my girls. I'm glad you asked about it! I was going to ask also.
    Midian's udder is filling up, but every now and then she doesn't look pregnant, and at other times like she has two whoppers in there. Nancy has so many in her belly she can't help but look preggie, I'm safe in assuming 3 but I could be wrong... there could be 4. (oh boy. :-l )

ROTFL, sweetgoats, that is so funny! :D (sorry to laugh at your expense.... but it's funny! LOL )

13. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    LOL Lori - that is a good one!

14. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Actually I think she looks bigger :) Try not to worry yourself to much :wink:

Sweetgoats, I did that same thing once, I had to laugh at myself though after I found out that they do shrink. :)