The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
83,113 Posts
Straight, Thick topline.
Tailhead shouldn't have to much drop to it.
Nice Width
Nice twist
Muscling
Teats structure 1x1 2x2 clean well separated
Good length
Strong pasterns not weak
Square stance both front and back
Feminine head/ neck, All should flow smoothly into the chest
Nice chest, not too fatty.

Hope that helps some ;)

·
14,615 Posts
Horns with gentle curve backwards.
Convex face with nice Roman nose, ears should never be folded lengthwise.
Good bite; not to exceed one 16".

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
I'm gonna high jack your post a little sorry I'm bad about high jacking :)........ OK Pam on the twist (just want to learn) I know on a male the twist is the line of no hair from the anus down right ????? But girls do not have this or at least mine don't.....so is it just mine or how can you tell what a twist is on a girl or am I just clueless lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not really on the subject.. But does any of y'all know the best way to Brace a market goat to train it to do better at bracing?

·
14,615 Posts
Oops, it was suppose to read one 16th of an inch. The teeth are to line up with the upper gums no more than that.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Structure, structure, structure! Then you add in volume but structure should always come first. Teat, mouth,hip, feet and legs, shoulder angles.... all that should come first to ensure you have a sturdy doe will produce a good while. Then look for volume- length width and depth. You want a good combo of all 3. Then comes muscle you want adaquate but not exactly heavy... enough for her to be considered an easy keeper. Then look for femininity and style last.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm gonna high jack your post a little sorry I'm bad about high jacking :)........ OK Pam on the twist (just want to learn) I know on a male the twist is the line of no hair from the anus down right ????? But girls do not have this or at least mine don't.....so is it just mine or how can you tell what a twist is on a girl or am I just clueless lol
I'm wondering about this too

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Does do have a twist but it runs into the udder attachment and isnt usually noticeable. Look at some does with huge butts- they likely have a huge twist but you won't notice the stripe because where it should be runs to udder attachment. Its harder to judge in does for sure

·
Super Moderator
83,113 Posts
Dani said it well, if you look at the Doe side view, you should see a big bum or one that has some volume:).

1 - 20 of 33 Posts