The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just acquired a bottle but it needs a nipple, what is the best that works for goats?
download (2).jpg

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
For that bottle you will need a lamb nipple. It’s a little shorter then the big calf nipples and is not as fat as the calf nipple. Kids do not like that nipple though. It is very stiff. I myself would go with a softer nipple and just put the calf bottle away. I use the parched nipples, I have used the baby bottle nipples before and they did fine on those as well, I just like that I usually have a soda bottle some place and I don’t have to worry about misplacing a baby bottle.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I use both the black lamb nipples and the grey lamb nipples. The grey lamb ones are super easy to get on a bottle(Soad, or water bottle) and held up well! Plus they are more on the thin side so work great for kids of any size. I can't seem to find those anywhere now though. Right now I use the black lamb nipples. Mine are kinda hard to get on a bottle but the more you use the the easier it is to get them on. The nipple its self is very soft though and the kids seem to like them. Smaller kids do have a hard time latching on at first but they quickly get the idea.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts